11:1 eta pistons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

11:1 eta pistons

anyone have any input on using the early euro eta pistons with the 885 head? it will give a greater compression ratio than any of the other oem m20 pistons but im concerned about the shape not being optimum in relation to the 885s combustion chamber. any opinions would be welcomed thanks. and heres the piston specs:

no one besides rs4pro3 knows anything about these pistons? and yes ive searched!

moore questions if someone does know something: was there a different euro-spec eta head for the high compression pistons? does anyone know stock eta cam lift in mm? come on guys ive got grand plans for these:D

Comment

Originally posted by lennon View Post
      anyone have any input on using the early euro eta pistons with the 885 head? it will give a greater compression ratio than any of the other oem m20 pistons but im concerned about the shape not being optimum in relation to the 885s combustion chamber. any opinions would be welcomed thanks. and heres the piston specs:

http://www.bmwccn.no/rogaland/Mahle_m20.html
      I am using them

The shape of the tops does not seem to have caused any problems...i have been using them for for the last 18 months. Engine runs great.

I am using a stock 325i cam and there was plenty of clearance between the valves and piston tops

Comment

Originally posted by gjuu View Post
        I am using them

The shape of the tops does not seem to have caused any problems...i have been using them for for the last 18 months. Engine runs great.

I am using a stock 325i cam and there was plenty of clearance between the valves and piston tops
        that is great to know man! just the kinda answer i was looking for. im also thinking about using a ported eta or 731 casting head to get full compression and match the pistons better, but im concerned about the clearance there when im no longer using an eta cam. know of anyone running that setup - these pistons with eta head?

Comment

Was searching and found this? any more info from anyone, looking for high compression options for my 2.7 witrh i cam and computer or a future m20b25. What are my options?
          97 tacoma 5 spd 4 cylinder
          2001 330ci 5 speed
          83 733i 5 speed, (FS)

Comment

Also where can i buy those euro pistons?
            2001 330ci 5 speed
            83 733i 5 speed, (FS)

Comment

i had a set of mahle 10.2:1's meant for 325i head & 2.7 crank & rods. they were used by racing dynamics for their builds
              Originally posted by blunt
              can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

Originally posted by ColdAccord View Post
                i had a set of mahle 10.2:1's meant for 325i head & 2.7 crank & rods. they were used by racing dynamics for their builds
                How much?

Comment

i sold them to someone on here for around 550. don't remember who
                  Originally posted by blunt
                  can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

anyone know where to buy euro pistons?
                    2001 330ci 5 speed
                    83 733i 5 speed, (FS)

Comment

Originally posted by TopOfTheLine89 View Post
                      anyone know where to buy euro pistons?
                      I got mine from ebay.de
                      some of the german guys are not too keen on paypal however so check with them first. Also don't worry about the language difference as most of them speak better english that you will find on these forums :D

Comment

Working...
                      X