Minimize gas spillage during injector replace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minimize gas spillage during injector replace

I’m about to remove/replace my fuel injectors and I read that a good way to depressurize the fuel lines was to pull the fuel pump fuse and let the car run until it stalls out. This made a lot of sense to me but is there any downside or harm that can be done by using this method. Or does anyone have any tips that might suggest otherwise? Thanks. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just do the fuse/ relay
    in the past i've thoroughly wrapped a large towel and just pulled hose off pressurised on a cold engine i.e. the next day the spillage is minimal
    89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Just send it

Comment

The soft rubber hose connects at the frame rail on the driver side - could pop that off and let the gravity pull from the rail. But as previously said, start the car and pull the fuel relay until it stalls and most of the pressure will be relieved.
        john@m20guru.com
        Links:
        Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

I would also pull the fuse and run it until it dies. Put goggles on, and let it nut in your face. Just dont smoke a cigarette while doing it. :)

Comment

hose leak was negligible. Injector 3 had some nice squirt. Used a long broom handle as a pry bar on the rail. Also I bought replacement Bosch injectors from fcp for 40 dollars each. Why would people pay 30/ each to have them cleaned ? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X