Injector Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Injector Advice

Gonna be doing a lot of refreshing to some gaskets and taking apart a lot of the motor for timing belt, water pump etc. last year I had seen that some people just rebuild their injectors with like 20-30$ eBay kits. since then I think the guy who usually sells the kit has stopped making them so I went out searching and found two things.

and

Mr injector sells parts to rebuild fuel injectors. We carry a full line of injector service kits, pintle caps, injector filters and orings for do it yourself mechanics and asnu injector shops.

I can save some money on the first one but I've heard a lot about Mr. injector and seems as though its the best choice. im also wondering if these kits will actually work on an 89 325i

thanks

Injector o-rings and filters are universal. BMW uses unique pintle caps and over the years, I have found ALL the aftermarket ones are junk and will fall off in your manifold the first time you need to service the injectors. That being said, since the e30//m20 uses single pintle spray nozzles, you can use any pintle cap. When going to the 4 nozzle injectors, you just have to be mindful of the size of the pintle cap opening, as some are small and affect the pattern (no need to worry in your case).

As you can see here: https://theinjectorshop.com/collections/all injector parts are very affordable. You can use the GM 3800 kit, Ford Mustang 5.0 kit (and have extras) etc, and you will get superior pinlte caps.
    john@m20guru.com
    Links:
    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
      Injector o-rings and filters are universal. BMW uses unique pintle caps and over the years, I have found ALL the aftermarket ones are junk and will fall off in your manifold the first time you need to service the injectors. That being said, since the e30//m20 uses single pintle spray nozzles, you can use any pintle cap. When going to the 4 nozzle injectors, you just have to be mindful of the size of the pintle cap opening, as some are small and affect the pattern (no need to worry in your case).

As you can see here: https://theinjectorshop.com/collections/all injector parts are very affordable. You can use the GM 3800 kit, Ford Mustang 5.0 kit (and have extras) etc, and you will get superior pinlte caps.
      Ok sounds good, i'm seeing that this site has Bosch branded BMW kits aswell if you say get the mustang one I will but just double checking. appreciate the response!

and just to be sure these ones right? https://theinjectorshop.com/collecti...or-rebuild-kit

Comment

Yes, that will work. The Mustang injectors are the same physical dimensions as early BMW. Same with any EV1 single pintle sprayer, really. Many cars up until the early 2000's (specially domestics) used the EV1, from Camaro to Cadillac to f150, to Mustang etc.
        john@m20guru.com
        Links:

Comment

Just to add some experience, I "cleaned" my injectors myself with a seafoam soak and B12 chem tool spray through. Use one of the kits you mentioned above as well. Ran that for a while. I sent a separate set off to RC engineering to be professionally cleaned then installed those about a year later. The difference I noticed was in light throttle conditions, the professionally cleaned injectors eliminated light throttle surge and sometimes bucking. They will replace all the injector wearables in their service. Cost me ~$175.

Comment

I think im still slightly confused cuz of some research I did, does every e30 ranging from all the years of production have the single pintle sprayer?

Comment

All the stock m20's did. Also m30, m10 etc. Now that I think about it, I didn't start seeing multiple fogger style on vehicles I tinkered with, until the mid 90's. About the same time 4 valve heads were becoming popular. Single pintle sprayers work well with a single intake valve. The injectors is aimed right at the back of the nice hot intake valve, so it vaporizes immediately.
              john@m20guru.com
              Links:

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                All the stock m20's did. Also m30, m10 etc. Now that I think about it, I didn't start seeing multiple fogger style on vehicles I tinkered with, until the mid 90's. About the same time 4 valve heads were becoming popular. Single pintle sprayers work well with a single intake valve. The injectors is aimed right at the back of the nice hot intake valve, so it vaporizes immediately.
                Good to know, appreciate the advice and for the knowledge ill be sure to get that injector kit. Thanks!

Comment

always amazes me that considering how important fuel injectors are people are always looking to spend the least possible money but will happily spend money on useless aftermarket crap on other areas of the engine. this is not a dig at the OP just a general observation over the last decade ot two
                  89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post
                    always amazes me that considering how important fuel injectors are people are always looking to spend the least possible money but will happily spend money on useless aftermarket crap on other areas of the engine. this is not a dig at the OP just a general observation over the last decade ot two
                    SO important. We have an e30 in the shop right now that has the DBilas ITB's that another shop installed. #1 & #6 injectors have a less than ideal spray pattern. Both cylinder broke the compression rings, probably from running lean and detonating. The spray pattern was so bad, they didn't need to go on a flow machine, it was obvious by eye. So, the upgrade probably enticed spirited driving and made things worse.
                    john@m20guru.com
                    Links:

Comment

I see what your saying, im stoked you linked me to some better parts and honestly at a cheaper price too which is nice, the previous owner of my e30 looked like he was that skip out and ghetto fix shit. in a previous thread of mine where the centre bearing on the driveshaft was stuffed with silicone, ripped out the driveshaft and had it repaired properly and the car drives better than ever. as the third owner of my car the first owner took amazing care of it as I have paper of work from when the car was new. second owner was half ass and now I find myself repairing all his mistakes. worth every penny. just spent a good amount on parts freshening up gaskets and seals.

Comment

Working...
                      X