Finally Dyno'd my Stock Bottom End Turbo M20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by digger View Post

this is not a built 2.9L ported head, 288 cam, itb etc though, it is one of the 145whp jobs with a cam and e85

Mrlucretius engine would make basically the same numbers at sea level as its corrected by pressure, temp and humidity (the CF was around 1.2)
    Yeah, I tend to babble.

The point was the numbers are not out of the realm based on stuff we built at work, and those basic engine calculations don't always hold true (but as you mentioned, it's close for TQ. Look how little the TQ changed with added boost, even though HP increased significantly.

If you look at the 2.7i (885 on an eta), they tend to do well with TQ. One jobber we did made 145whp, but 170wtq with that combo, when a typical m20 is close to square on HP:TQ.

john@m20guru.com
    Links:
    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

boost is also not logged in the dyno sheet so the real boost levels can be anything and the whp numbers real.

Comment

Originally posted by hasa View Post
        boost is also not logged in the dyno sheet so the real boost levels can be anything and the whp numbers real.
        Boost and AFR are logged via MS3. I don't display that on my dyno. The 21psi was the average boost number once target was reached. The curve was very flat, with hardly any wavering.
        - AXIS POWERS - 2JZ E30 Build
        Current Project - 87 325is 2JZ Swapped with M4 DCT

Comment

Again SLEEPYDUB it's nice to know the number we saw here match yours for the most part. We saw 518@19psi on a Dynojet with a forged b25 (same camshaft), Rapidspool (aka Good & Tight ) manifold, same turbo. :D As I mentioned in the other thread, you didn't believe that you were over 500, we also thought it may be an anomaly hehe.

M20 FTW.
          john@m20guru.com
          Links:
          Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Working...
          X