E30 cuts out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 cuts out

Hey guys, I recently rebuilt my head and replaced the fuel pump, filter, injectors, and relay. I had a cut out and the check engine light pops on and off and there would be a loud pop but i didn't think anything of it since it only happened once. now its reoccurring and i'm super confused on what it is. I would think it would be fuel but i've replaced every single fuel component at this point besides the cell and lines. I've used fuel injector cleaner etc. I tried to stomp code it but it always pops up code 1444 which means " no faults " but then i caught the check engine light and the code 1261 came up which is the fuel pump relay, replaced it and still happens. I've ran out of ideas at this point so if you guys have any ideas it'll mean a lot, thanks!

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Bad AFM usually results in poor idle or failed smog or sudden and brief misfire type symptoms. if you are using the original 30 year old AFM, then suspect it bad.
    Owner - Bavarian Restoration
    BMW and European Electronics Repair and Restoration
    www.BavRest.com
    My Feedback Thread
    Our Facebook!
    Follow our Instagram!

Comment

^^^yup. Dead spot in the AFM, or compromised CPS signal/sensor would be my guess.

Since you were working on the head recently, check the CPS and wire. There's a plastic conduit that runs behind the water pump and is supposed to keep the CPS wire from rubbing on the back of the pump pulley. If that's missing, the pump rubs through the wire, it always seems to cause a blip at 5000-5500rpm. If the wire is really stiff and not pliable, check where it goes into the sensor itself, they tend to break they yellow or black wire there.
      john@m20guru.com
      Links:
      Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Working...
      X