Position 3 Users, Please Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the article that guy posted says they used an electric fan in the 333i

edit- i see that was already pointed out.

Comment

Is there a "my respect for japadrew going down the toilet" emoticon?

Comment

It would have to combine all of these in order.
        Jap :?:

Rev :idea:

Jap

r3v :idea:

Jap

R3v

Jap :hitler:

R3v

Jap :curse:

R3v:rofl:

Jap:oops:

R3v :finger:

1987 PRO-3 car /1990 325is (2.7i Concours)

Comment

baaahahahahaah!!!!

Comment

This guy did not need to fuck up his sub-frame or relocate the steering rack, and yet the
            hood still closes.

Just to be clear. Your hood touched the fan blades?
            Are you sure?

Or because you think it's not right for the fan not to be flush with the rad?
            Did the e28 fans actually sit under the top rad line? I don't think so, but don't know for sure.

Maybe that's what the little plastic shroud thing is for.

Then you have the actual e30.de "position 3" that you keep talking about.
            They actually sit pretty high!! No where near the rack. Yet they run
            a fan clutch. Looks like the fan also goes over the top rad. line.

This last picture it looks like they got trimmed though.
            "Not right"!!! :p

Hope these pictures help you.

Comment

Fucking hell!!!!
              Just read through this post.
              Japanandrew, trying to get a viscous is a nightmare.
              I've done the same as everyone else and used an electric fan.
              And when you say you're notching the sub, no way.
              What mounts you using???
              The only way to get a viscous is to have a rad made and mount it into the front space betwen the lights.
              That's it!
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

If you have bought items from me, please leave feedback below.
              If you are a BUYER, Check My Feedback.:up:
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=183860

Check out my Euro Build Thread
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=215557

Comment

I think right now he's doing it in an attempt to prove everyone wrong. I suppose I can see how you guys have led him to that conclusion :P
                cars beep boop

Comment

Hello Rav. Not right is it, But is defintly going to become a zone golden thread.

(and yes i have posted it on the zone for all UK to chuckle at)
                  325i touring, 327i 2 tone tech 2, 335i tech 1 touring with nossigpic

Comment

Originally posted by zaust View Post
                    Hello Rav. Not right is it, But is defintly going to become a zone golden thread.

Too right on that Zaust, zone gold!!

It's still not too late to order the "Proper" engine mounts that will put the engine in the right height and position for you.
                    There is nothing wrong with making your own mounts, but you have to get the goemetry right so that all the drivetrain is right too.
                    Last edited by rav320uk; 03-12-2010, 10:23 AM.
                    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

If you have bought items from me, please leave feedback below.
                    If you are a BUYER, Check My Feedback.:up:
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=183860

Check out my Euro Build Thread
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=215557

Comment

Originally posted by zaust View Post

Link? I can can read git just as good as you chaps.

Comment

325i touring, 327i 2 tone tech 2, 335i tech 1 touring with nossigpic

Comment

i know hes not reading this but,

this is your first swap, your first big project. note i said big project ive read your other thread and youve done some small stuff, alot of research, and all has turned out pretty good. your first big project things are going to go wrong, you arent going to get it right. and it wont turn out exactly how you want it. This is the reason R3V is telling you to make it easier on yourself. Dont bite off more than you can chew on this first thing, you get it done, work through the issues as they come. The first few big projects are learning experiences, you can always go back and fix/change things you dont have to go all at once.

just my 0 and 2/100 --------- Dollars

Originally posted by TimKninja
                          Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

So this is why a electric fan will not work?!?!?!
                            Originally posted by Japandrew73

I don't doubt an electric fan works flawlessly for you, but then again look at the change in climate. You won't be driving up and down Pacific Coast Highway in Southern California on a hot Summers day with temperatures up in the 90s.

1992 BMW 325iC
                            1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                            1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

LOL. I've been on the PCH in Malibu with my M30 on a hot day. Not a single problem. I've also been in 102 degree heat and never turned the fan on. You don't know what the fuck you are talking about.
                              Originally posted by Matt-B
                              hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Plenty of guys in LA run S50s, which logic would tell you most likely generate more heat than an M30, with E-fans only. Plenty of boosted motors also use only E-fans, why don't we see if someone (japandrew) can find the flow rating for the stock clutch fan and compare it?

Comment

Working...
                                X