1st swap...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wh33lhop
    replied
    New custom pistons but stock B34 cam and old rockers?

    What bore and CR did you go with?

    Leave a comment:


  • thirdirev
    replied
    Pulled all the A/C lines, the cooler and fan, and the radiator. Test fit the e28 radiator and found out I wont have mod too much to make it fit. Also took the measurements for the fan so I can order it. Will 1600 cfm be enough for the m30?

    After it starts to cool down outside I'm gonna install the battery cable for a rear setup that I got from Leeroy.

    Leave a comment:


  • thirdirev
    replied
    Was a bit late with the pics, but I figured it was worth the wait. Here's how it sat before I left for work yesterday.




    Got the head back this afternoon.




    And finally...this is how it sits tonight. :)



    Trying to compare size with the engine bay. Looks a little big from this angle.



    Although those last two pics are a little misleading. I still need to put on the valve cover with the gasket. Depending on which position I decide to do I may wait to put the intake manifold on after it's in the car.

    Leave a comment:


  • thirdirev
    replied
    Got the block mostly put back together minus timing cover, starter, and new freeze plugs. The freeze plugs I believe will arrive tomorrow or thursday. Picking up head tomorrow. Will post pics after work tonight.

    Leave a comment:


  • thirdirev
    replied
    Also got a call from the shop, the head is done, just gotta pick it up on sunday. :)

    Leave a comment:


  • thirdirev
    replied
    Just a lighter color, I don't care what it really looks like after it collects grime from driving it. I'm the only one thats gonna see it anyways. Thought it would help spot any leaks that might occur easier.

    I'm just wanting this in my car already, sick of not driving it, haha.

    Leave a comment:


  • Doughnut
    replied
    Great build mate, it looks as though it's all coming together nicely.

    One question though, Why paint your engine components white? It is such a bad colour for engines IMO, yeah it's going to look great when your putting it in but as soon as it collects a few hundred miles of road grime it's gunna look like shit...

    Are you going to paint the block white?

    Leave a comment:


  • thirdirev
    replied
    Took longer than I was hoping, but finally got the block back and the crank/pistons in.




    Still need to paint the block, you'll see the color scheme I'm going with in the following pictures.






    That's all I have for now. Gonna be piecing it back together, or at least painting the block, tomorrow before work. Excited to finally get back on the road. I hate taking the bus. :hitler:

    Leave a comment:


  • thirdirev
    replied
    Got the block pieces back from the machine shop yesterday, everything looks good. Found out I was sent the wrong piston rings when I got the over sized set. Should be getting the new rings by Friday. Then I can really start putting things together.

    Also started cleaning out the interior. Took out the blower/ac unit, the security system that the po put in, and on my days off hopefully I'll have the m10 pulled and prepping the engine bay.

    Leave a comment:


  • thirdirev
    replied
    Alright, someone from another forum just posted up that the brackets can be used. Thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • rav320uk
    replied
    Blocks are different as far as the mounting points go for engine mounts, but not sure on the rest.

    Leave a comment:


  • thirdirev
    replied
    Was wondering if the blocks from an e28 and e34 were the same. Could I use the PS pump, Alternator, and bracket from a E34 on a block out of an E28 or are the bolt patterns different?

    Leave a comment:


  • thirdirev
    replied
    Yea for now. If I decide to turbo it down the road I'm gonna go with MS.

    Leave a comment:


  • Zacm829
    replied
    Good progress. Are you going to run motronic 1.1?

    Leave a comment:


  • thirdirev
    replied
    Got the pistons into the shop today, estimated pickup date in a week or so. Getting my tax refund just in time to make sure everything is ordered.

    Leave a comment:

Working...