1st swap...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • thirdirev
    replied
    Got some gifts in the mail yesterday.



    Now I just gotta bring them to the shop so the block can get bored out.

    Leave a comment:


  • thirdirev
    replied
    Originally posted by jim325
    I also have an ECU out of an 86 535i for sale if your interested PM me. It's a 059.
    pm sent

    Well got kinda bored tonight and decided to paint a few things.

    A few scratches occurred during sanding, gonna fix that later.


    Decided to paint the headlights as well. I'm kinda liking it, we'll see after a few days what I think about it.


    Leave a comment:


  • jim325
    replied
    Definetly subscribed

    Driveshaft part will be tricky inless you can get the motor placement just right. Building your own mounts might help you make a driveshaft size work. Tight fit between that radiator and distrubutor cap.

    Looking to see how it goes. I start my swap as soon as the snow is gone :/

    I also have an ECU out of an 86 535i for sale if your interested PM me. It's a 059.

    Leave a comment:


  • thirdirev
    replied
    Just a small update. Sent the block, head, intake manifold, oil pan, and timing covers off to get cleaned and the cylinders honed. Also ordered the main and rod bearings and lower gasket set.

    Leave a comment:


  • thirdirev
    replied
    Now for some pictures...



    Most of the cylinders looked the same, #2 was probably the worst.


    Hopefully get it all cleaned and start assembling next week.

    Leave a comment:


  • thirdirev
    replied
    Got the socket so I could take the crank nut off, in turn was able to take the head off and all the pistons out. Actually looks pretty decent, a lot better than I had in my head. I'll post up some pics when I get back from work.

    Leave a comment:


  • thirdirev
    replied
    Didn't do a whole lot tonight, waiting for some sockets to come in for the crank and cam.

    Started cleaning up the engine a bit starting with the valve cover. Didn't get a before picture, but it was pretty dirty. Here's after paint.


    Going to be sanding the raised emblem, keeping the stripes painted.

    Also picked up a e34 oil pump today. Once I can take the head off this will be going alot faster.
    Last edited by thirdirev; 01-25-2011, 11:52 PM. Reason: added more details

    Leave a comment:


  • thirdirev
    replied
    Originally posted by flawdaboi407
    how much for the 240 shipped to 32809 orlando fl
    pm sent

    Leave a comment:


  • flawdaboi407
    replied
    how much for the 240 shipped to 32809 orlando fl

    Leave a comment:


  • sofargone561
    replied
    sweet

    Leave a comment:


  • thirdirev
    replied
    Well right now I'm on a bit of a budget and time to get this in as my m10 is going to shit. I'll add to the power more down the road. I am gonna make sure to deep clean it and paint it to make it lookin good though. Just hoping that the rest of the engine is good to go.

    Picked up an e34 oil pan today, ran out of time to grab the pump before work. Oil pan for $40 is much better than the $400 that everywhere else I looked was wanting.

    Leave a comment:


  • LowR3V'in
    replied
    don't valves usually bend too?

    Leave a comment:


  • akw_
    replied
    looks good so far make sure you give it all a good clean up!

    keep us updated!

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied


    That's actually not too uncommon. Just get all new rockers. The new ones are stronger than the old. Also, while I had the rockers out, I'd take out the cam and at least throw in a B35 cam. Slightly more aggressive. Or go all out and get a nice Schrick.
    Last edited by slammin.e28; 01-20-2011, 05:46 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • thirdirev
    replied
    Yea, I'm planning on just making some up, with a little help from the roommate.

    That's too bad, I have an '85. I was looking around and read that people have used the front of a 535 driveshaft and the rear of an e30 driveshaft. Is that for all e30s or just the ones with a m20?

    Leave a comment:

Working...