1st swap...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • kronus
    replied
    If your car is a 7/86 to 6/87 production date, you can use the driveshaft you have with no mods with the E28 trans.

    Leave a comment:


  • E30 Beast
    replied
    you can use the stock drive shaft, just have it cut and welded to fit the big guibo shouldn't be to much and also try getting ur motor mounts asap to avoid waiting three weeks unless ur fabbing them up urself hope this helps
    The Beast :)

    Leave a comment:


  • thirdirev
    started a topic 1st swap...

    1st swap...

    Well I guess to start, I got a 3.4 M30 out of a 87 535is. I also got the wiring harness, e28 radiator, and the transmission out of the same car. From what I could find it should be the 260.

    Here's a couple pics of the engine and trans when I was cleanin up for the night.




    When breaking down the motor for inspection I found this...



    What I still need:
    DME
    Driveshaft?
    Water Pump
    Power Steering Pump
    Alternator
    Bearings
    Fresh Gaskets all around
    New sensors
    Get starter tested
    Rocker Arm

    I believe that may be all I need. Oh and when I was first gonna do the swap I was gonna use my 240 transmission, now that I have this one which driveshaft do I need?

    More updates when they happen.
Working...