1st swap...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • jerbroc
    replied
    I ended up with this engine and am trying to get more details than what was posted here, does anyone know how to get in contact with thirdirev? I sent a PM a week ago.

    Leave a comment:


  • thirdirev
    replied
    haha, yea. I used the stock exhaust manifolds and had to make a bend at about 95 deg down, pita. If you need a driveshaft still measure how long you need it and the next time I'm out by my car I can see if its the right size, sell it to you cheap.

    Leave a comment:


  • jim325
    replied
    Glad to hear it! I got my motor in the other day. Now I just need to figure out this mess of wiring, driveshaft, and how in the world im going to fit a 3" downpipe in such a small area. UGH.

    Leave a comment:


  • thirdirev
    replied
    Well, I ended up buying another car the other week. They called back and tried telling me to give them another $4k down, so I gave the car back. That got me more into finishing up this problem quickly. With some help from the roommate we figured out that the block needed a better ground and it started up. Will try to post some videos tomorrow. Gonna try to finish the exhaust, shift linkage, and clean some of the electrical up tomorrow as well.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jean
    replied
    You should have converted it to 1.3 motronic :)

    And, my car is also an 84..the oil static/dynamic levels go to the check panel not cluster...you can ignore them since the chassis/car is not pre-wired for them.

    Leave a comment:


  • thirdirev
    replied
    FML...got everything wired up, driveshaft in. Now theres the start. No power to the control for main relay. Jumped it and still no start. Doesn't do anything. Really contemplating selling/parting and getting a different car tomorrow. I don't have the time to fuck with this electrical. Is there anything that I could check quick that would save the project so I can keep the car?

    Leave a comment:


  • thirdirev
    replied
    It's just a 14" from Summit, I believe 1600cfm. I'm hoping it's all I'll need

    Leave a comment:


  • lashtx
    replied
    What fan is that you are using? I tried a puller but no go, I have to rethink that for Texas. Summer will not be fun with out a fan for stop and go traffic.

    Great job, it's taken me forever to finish. Almost there.

    Kris

    Leave a comment:


  • Doughnut
    replied
    Nearly there!

    Nice work.

    Leave a comment:


  • thirdirev
    replied
    Well here's some pics of how it sits tonight. I know it's a bit messy, still trying to get the wiring done and waiting on injectors. Might have some wiring questions later this week. After today, being off, I won't get another one til next week sometime.





    Leave a comment:


  • thirdirev
    replied
    Thanks. Got the motor and tranny dropped in, most of the new vacuum lines on and started the exhaust. Gonna start plugging the engine harness up tomorrow before work. Pics will be up tomorrow as well.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30m3s54turbo
    replied
    I like it.

    Leave a comment:


  • thirdirev
    replied
    Yea, I guess the slip joint, didn't know the technical name. Thanks for the response. I'll be trying that out in the morning tomorrow.

    Leave a comment:


  • Doughnut
    replied
    You mean the slip joint?

    You want the slip joint to be free and able to move. Removing the nut should allow you to slide the shaft into two pieces. If it's seized try spraying lubricant on it and let it sit for awhile then lightly tap it off.

    Be sure to mark the two shafts before splitting it, otherwise you risk it being out of faze upon reassembly.

    EDIT: Don't worry about the "dynamic/static and diag. pin 6" it's for the idiot light up on the roof.

    Leave a comment:


  • thirdirev
    replied
    Got my mounts in today. Pulled the tranny, but I'm having problems with the front half of the driveshaft. I unscrewed the nut that screws to the back half and tried hammering on it a bit, but it doesn't want to move. Is there a trick to it or just on there good?

    Leave a comment:

Working...