X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SketchyRex
    replied
    Yeah, test drove the beast last night. Driveline felt good and preformed great. Only time will tell whether its durable enough or not.

It won't let me upload my pics from my iPhone. Do I need to put them on photobucket or tiny pic or something?

Leave a comment:

• lukeADE335i
    replied
    This makes sense - the 318ti driveshaft is listed as only slightly longer than the e30 320i driveshaft.

Leave a comment:

• marshallnoise
    replied
    Originally posted by SketchyRex View Post
    So, I test fit a 1997 318ti manual driveshaft with my b35 in pos 3, it was a 1/4 inch off at most for a perfect fit. So I took the plastic compression bushing out and cut it in half with a band saw. I put the bushing back on, only smaller this time, and it fits. It's a damn tight fit, but it works. I think once I re thread the end of the shaft for the nut, it will work.

Pics up soon.
    This is awesome!

Leave a comment:

• SketchyRex
    replied
    So, I test fit a 1997 318ti manual driveshaft with my b35 in pos 3, it was a 1/4 inch off at most for a perfect fit. So I took the plastic compression bushing out and cut it in half with a band saw. I put the bushing back on, only smaller this time, and it fits. It's a damn tight fit, but it works. I think once I re thread the end of the shaft for the nut, it will work.

Pics up soon.

Leave a comment:

• marshallnoise
    replied
    Originally posted by totheredline View Post
    So I couldn't use an m50/m20 starter?
    I don't think so other wise everyone would recommend that.

Originally posted by totheredline View Post
    Maybe use a different ring gear?
    Yes, you would need the ring gear off of the same flywheel I mentioned above. Unless you find that 2002tii flywheel to be trashed, you might as well use the 2002tii flywheel. No point in pressing the old one off if the flywheel is still good.

Leave a comment:

• SketchyRex
    replied
    I'm also running a 84 318i manual flywheel and Sachs stage 3, six puck clutch..

Leave a comment:

• SketchyRex
    replied
    If you have engine in pos 3 with the 84 240. The 318is shaft is about a 3 inches too long.
    I'm currently waiting for my 318ti shaft to get
    In today. I bought it in hopes of it being short enough.

Leave a comment:

• totheredline
    replied
    Maybe use a different ring gear?

Leave a comment:

• totheredline
    replied
    Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
    M20 flywheel will not work. It has a the wrong number of teeth on it and will cause starter interference.

Edit: If you want to run a 228mm flywheel you need a 228mm flywheel off a 2002tii m10 motor.

Or you can use the complete M10 240 set up with an uprated clutch.
    So I couldn't use an m50/m20 starter?

Leave a comment:

• marshallnoise
    replied
    M20 flywheel will not work. It has a the wrong number of teeth on it and will cause starter interference.

Edit: If you want to run a 228mm flywheel you need a 228mm flywheel off a 2002tii m10 motor.

Or you can use the complete M10 240 set up with an uprated clutch.

Leave a comment:

• totheredline
    replied
    Was wondering if anyone has any experience with the setup I plan on using.
    -84 318i g240
    -m20 flywheel
    -m50 clutch
    -e30 318is shift linkage, driveshaft and trans bracket.

What throwout bearing do I need? Can I use the 318is mount bracket and shifter??

Leave a comment:

• SketchyRex
    replied
    I think I'm gonna just chance it. I mean I can get a 318ti driveline for about $100. What's the worst that will happen. Have an extra driveline laying around.

Leave a comment:

• marshallnoise
    replied
    Originally posted by glnr13 View Post
    i'm going to be doing my rear suspension this upcoming weekend, i can measure and post my setup with 240 and cut driveshaft
    That would be splendid.

Leave a comment:

• glnr13
    replied
    i'm going to be doing my rear suspension this upcoming weekend, i can measure and post my setup with 240 and cut driveshaft

Leave a comment:

• marshallnoise
    replied
    That would be a great find if it does work out.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X