No announcement yet.

Want to do an M30 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK last thing... Does anyone have blueprints for the e30.de mounts or custom ones that they made?
    '86 E30
    '05 E53 X5
    '72 Firebird
    '10 Prius
    '03 Tundra

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMadoo View Post
      OK last thing... Does anyone have blueprints for the e30.de mounts or custom ones that they made?
      I am pretty sure that e30.de hasn't posted there design for the mounts as they would end up losing a lot of business. So if you want to go about building your own mounts you would have to do it with the engine in place to get the desired positioning.

An r3v member (george graves) fabbed his own mounts so you could ask him but I know from his build post that he fabbed his while the engine was in the engine bay and he had to remove and reinstall his engine several times.

Thats why a lot of people fork up the $250~ to get the e30.de mounts.

Good luck with your swap
      Photoshop by O 16581 72452 5

Comment

Yea, get the e30.de mounts. I hear they are not perfect, but good enough. You'll need to wait about a month for shipping. Fabbing mounts is a real bitch...
        Originally posted by Matt-B
        hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Nah i cant wait a month, im going to do it over winter break. I'll finger it out :)
          '86 E30
          '05 E53 X5
          '72 Firebird
          '10 Prius
          '03 Tundra

Comment

Do the second generation M30 and the 3rd Generation M30 have different mounts?
            '86 E30
            '05 E53 X5
            '72 Firebird
            '10 Prius
            '03 Tundra

Comment

Originally posted by X2theZ3 View Post
              Joe,

this site should have most of the info you need.
              http://www.jaredsquires.com/ndp/335i/m30/
              Wow, that site is awesome!
              Madoo.... you sly dog. M30, huh? Well, when I get my S52 going, we'll have to (ahem) compare cars...
              Slicktop City!

Comment

Haha absolutely!
                '86 E30
                '05 E53 X5
                '72 Firebird
                '10 Prius
                '03 Tundra

Comment

Originally posted by oldskool3 View Post
                  I am pretty sure the rad will work as long as you can get clearance for it. You will have to build custom mounts for it though as it will not sit on the stock e30 mounts.

Thats why the e28 535 rad is used because it lines up with the stock e30 rad mounts.
                  No it does not. You have to remove the stock E30 mounts in order to make the 535i radiator fit!. The main reason for using the 535i radiator is because it's THIN. That's all. The E30 radiator will not work as it is "opposite" and the E32 could work, I believe that it is more expensive. E28 535i works, use it.
                  Recent Rebranding!!
                  Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
                  E30 SM62/S62
                  E30 M60 V8
                  E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
                  Instagram.com/garageaholic
                  Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                    Yea, get the e30.de mounts. I hear they are not perfect, but good enough. You'll need to wait about a month for shipping. Fabbing mounts is a real bitch...
                    I got my e30.de mounts, received about 3 weeks after I bought them. They are a great fit and make the work sooo much easier. got it for $303 shipped to my address. Tino is a good guy. It's worth the money. I should have made blueprints of the mounts and posted it up here. Maybe ill remove them one day and do jsut that.

My mounts are slightly different than regular E32 e30.de mounts. I had to modify the passenger mount to fit the turbo
                    Recent Rebranding!!
                    Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
                    E30 SM62/S62
                    E30 M60 V8
                    E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
                    Instagram.com/garageaholic
                    Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

The e32 dosent come close to fitting, its way too wide. You can do some creative pluming to make the e30 radiator fit.
                      '86 E30
                      '05 E53 X5
                      '72 Firebird
                      '10 Prius
                      '03 Tundra

Comment

The 335is I just got has m30b35 de stage3 mounts with the 260 tranny works good.But I have made E28 mounts for the turbo to clear as well.

1986 335is-1988 335ist -1991 335istsigpic

Comment

Hello, If you need mounts, I got mounts~!~! I was going to do the swap myself but I decided to sell my e30. I bought mounts from germany. It took about 3 weeks to get them. They are excellent quality and suppose to fit better than the de. mounts. I have them here in Columbus Ohio and I can sent them out asap if you want them.

Comment

Bling Bling... I put a quarter in between them to show you how big they really are.

Comment

On top of that I have the 535i parts car that I was going to use. Since I am bailing all my bmw stuff I am parting that out as well.. its an e34. I have everything for a swap.... although I just listed the ecu and maf on ebay, everything else in the engine bay is still there. If anyone needs anything for the swap let me know.

Comment

Ahh i want these soo bad!
                                '86 E30
                                '05 E53 X5
                                '72 Firebird
                                '10 Prius
                                '03 Tundra

Comment

Working...
                                X