No announcement yet.

m30 with m10 radiator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well crap. Does the overflow need to be higher than the rest of the system? I know they make aftermarket aluminum catch cans, and I'd think about mounting one where the A/C dryer was if height wasn't a concern

Comment

Are you going to have a heater box? If not, you can hide the coolant overflow tank in there.
      cars beep boop

Comment

Why not use the stock coolant tank? Or use an e34/e32 firewall-mounted triangle tank with the e28 rad.

Comment

Purely a cosmetic thing. I want a minimalist engine bay with as few wires/hoses as I can get away with.

I don't like the triangle tank, right now it sounds like my best option is a new *white* overflow tank. At least ditching the old yellow tank for new will make everything look tidier.

Comment

Originally posted by browntown View Post
            Purely a cosmetic thing. I want a minimalist engine bay with as few wires/hoses as I can get away with.
            Its hard to make the engine bay look uncluttered with an m30.

Get the plastic covers for the firewall to cover your wiring and use a 325i overflow bottle in the stock location (left side wheel arch.)

Get an e28 radiator, they just work.
            ///Monstrosity. (OO≡≡[][]≡≡OO)

Aside from showing yourself to be offensive, lacking experience and ignorant in the ways of business, you're also illiterate and imprudent. Beyond that, your sense of liability is severely impaired.

Comment

Yeah, the firewall mounted overflow tank from the 5/7 series sucks in terms of mounting/fitment.
              Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

The biggest issue is the location of the connectors on the radiator. The e28 just makes it easy.
                Originally posted by Matt-B
                hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

I used to own an E30 318i M10 and remember one pretty sunny day going for a hard drive in the countryside straining the motor at around 5500-6000rpm in 3rd gear going up a long and steep hill for about 2-3 minutes and I remember the coolant needle slowly moving past the 3/4 mark towards the red.

And that was in an M10 motor - wouldn't even bother considering an M10 radiator for an M30 if you live in anywhere that sees over 15 degrees c.
                  Leo.

E30 318iS, E36 328i

Comment

Working...
                  X