Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 M30 Wiring

Hello,

I am currently working on a track-only e30 that i plan on putting a turbo m30 in.

I am currently working on stripping out the interior, including the chassis loom/wiring. My chassis loom has clearly had some "work" done to it, and is wrecked. It's a complete bird's nest, has random wires spliced together, and literally had wires coming off in my hands as I tried to unplug various connections in the dash.

It's so bad that I've decided to completely strip out the wiring and wire up only what I need from scratch. I will not be using the factory ignition location, fuse box, etc.-- including the c101 connector.

My question is:

What, if any, connections does the m30 ECU need from the c101 to run?

I'm not concerned about information from the ECU to the chassis like the tachometer or speedo, as I can wire up that sort of thing as needed.

Thanks!

Only a few wires are needed. Geen wires are ignition, black/yellow is starter engage, blue is alternator charge exciter, green/purple is fuel pump.

Use the ETM for the donor car and look for the c101 connections to be sure.
    john@m20guru.com
    Links:
    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
      Only a few wires are needed. Geen wires are ignition, black/yellow is starter engage, blue is alternator charge exciter, green/purple is fuel pump.

Use the ETM for the donor car and look for the c101 connections to be sure.
      thanks for response. are these wires information or power? for instance, is the green/purple wire telling the ECU that the fuel pump is on or is it providing power to it?

thanks again.

Comment

Working...
      X