Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Part Number Help! Intake cam bearing cap E5 (broken)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DONE.

So, I wrapped it up, retimed and with new (old) injectors. It's back. Finally.

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

So, at the end of the day, what was it??

My guess is that it was a partially blocked injector along with a mistiming. I don't see how the mis timing alone would have affected only one cylinder. Funny thing is that I had timed it just recently b/c I had swapped the cams. BUT, I don't believe I had the chain tensioner in place and so it must have moved.

Since the injectors were new, I can't see how it was one of those. Also, I had swapped in another new fule injector in cylinder 4. So what are the odds that it was both of the new injectors? But maybe it was partially blocked? The real test would be to put the new injectors back in and see if it still runs well but I don't have the energy to do that.

It feels like its running better than ever. Looking forward to seeing if I notice anything different on the lighter cam followers.

I plan to button it up, drive it 10-25 miles and change the oil again just to make sure it's clean and no sharf on the plug magnet.

Man am I glad its "done".

Jason
    Last edited by jsnppp; 09-18-2023, 05:57 AM.

1991 BMW 318is - AlpineWeiss II
    1991 BMW 318is - DiamondSchwartz
    1973 BMW 2002 Tii - Baikal
    2002 Toyota 4Runner SR5 sport - Black

Comment

Stuck injectors is a totally plausible answer. I had a set of 4 cleaned + flow matched injectors get stuck. As far as I understand, if they are left sitting in air, the cleaning fluid and/or gas can varnish up and glue the pintle shut.

If yours were sitting in fuel the whole time, then who knows. It happens sometimes.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Working...
      X