No announcement yet.

New build - Rough off idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TPS wiring had some wires spliced in using crimp connectors. I replaced the spliced in wires with some heat shrink "solder" connections and new wire. Then tested at the ecu connector to confirm connection.

The fuel filter is new but it is rather small. I have not check fuel pressure, it is on my list of potential issues.

I assume those crank sensors are made in different facilities with different quality of components. Plus the OEM one gets that OEM markup. Honestly had I known how pricey m42 parts are I probably would have stuck to the m10...

It's weird that the afm filter was completely blocking out the signal for me then.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
    Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Did a little light prying before work today. I think the damper is good. No movement
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

It was the CPS... just swapped it out and was able to rev the engine up like a normal engine.

Need to clear up some exhaust leaks and run it in a bit.

For future searchers... buy the OEM crank position sensor, not the aftermarket Bosch one. You want Bosch pn 0261210057, NOT 0261210047. The 057 part has the correct orientation of the sensor bolt and the correct OEM style connector.

Comment

Nice, glad you figured it out. The price of the OEM one is super obnoxious, but I guess that it is what it is.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Working...
          X