Originally posted by wolfgangstbd View Post
    if you have the mad money http://www.gttechnic.com/catalog.html

theres a drysump about 2/3 way down haha
    At that point I would just throw in an M50/S50

Comment

Originally posted by hootie View Post
      At that point I would just throw in an M50/S50
      for you, even though its not an m42 you get the point

i drove around like that and killed the shit out of my skidplate on the one drive i had with it.

Comment

Originally posted by namsayin View Post
        for you, even though its not an m42 you get the point

i drove around like that and killed the shit out of my skidplate on the one drive i had with it.
        See but you are so much lower than me. My front still has about 3/4 inch of fender gap that I am trying to hide. I just can't seem to do it unless I go lower.

Comment

Originally posted by hootie View Post
          See but you are so much lower than me. My front still has about 3/4 inch of fender gap that I am trying to hide. I just can't seem to do it unless I go lower.
          camber plates will definitely help you hide that gap!

Comment

Originally posted by namsayin View Post
            camber plates will definitely help you hide that gap!
            Already running GC camber plates...

Comment

Everyone tries to slam the shit out of their cars but you are in fact making it handle worse not better. The more you lower it the more the roll center is lowered thus the car rolls more not less

Comment

the reason most cars handle worse is because you mess with the suspension geometry

The location of the geometric roll center is solely dictated by the suspension geometry. The SAE definition of the force based roll center is "The point in the transverse vertical plane through any pair of wheel centers at which lateral forces may be applied to the sprung mass without producing suspension roll".

its old news most people that lower their cars dont care
                Last edited by wolfgangstbd; 08-30-2009, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by e304me View Post
                  Everyone tries to slam the shit out of their cars but you are in fact making it handle worse not better. The more you lower it the more the roll center is lowered thus the car rolls more not less
                  I have a separate race car for a reason. You actually think I would track a 318 anyway?

Comment

the reason most cars handle worse is because you mess with the suspension geometry

The location of the geometric roll center is solely dictated by the suspension geometry. The SAE definition of the force based roll center is "The point in the transverse vertical plane through any pair of wheel centers at which lateral forces may be applied to the sprung mass without producing suspension roll".

its old news most people that lower their cars dont care
                    I can google too! haha
                    -Pierre
                    1987 535is
                    1988 325is

Comment

it was to just get a definition

Comment

it was to just get a definition
                        Haha I was totally messing with you! I obviously did the same to find out.
                        -Pierre
                        1987 535is
                        1988 325is

Comment

Bad ass not a bad price either, counting the amount of money I have spent on oil pans and oil......

1986 325es (69k) Garage Queen Buy It Now 10k;1986 325es (track rat) 2.7i How-To & 1.1/1.3Motronic UpGrade
                          1991 318is (daily driver) 1991 318is M42 Maintenance How-To;1989 325i (parts car)

Comment

Give one of my skid plates a shot. This is one on a 318is with an m42.

Custom Made Skid Plates For Sale.
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=111469
                            http://raceskids.com/

Comment

did you remake them? i heard most m42 pans hang low but i never really looked into it

Comment

did you remake them? i heard most m42 pans hang low but i never really looked into it
                                They do and I did. All my skid plates as custom for the motor you are running.
                                Custom Made Skid Plates For Sale.
                                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=111469
                                http://raceskids.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X