Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Danny View Post
    No excuses.
    soon my friend, soon. I will save my money so I can give my little m42 some bewst.
    '91 Brilliantrot 318iS - Sold
    '95 e34 s50 Touring - P/O
    '87 Alpine White 325iS - Current

Comment

I am also 20 and have a very expensive hobby hence funds are tight. But that hasn't stopped me building up a tarbo....admitly its easy to spend money on the track car (my hobby) :D

DO WORK SON, DO WORK
      - Chris
      Project M42 - 255 @ 19 psi

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
        No excuses.
        Cali smog? Isn't that what forced you out of a turbo m42?
        Last edited by thedguy; 07-07-2010, 01:38 AM.

Comment

Finally got around to fabbing up the exhaust for the car. I used 2.25" tubing and bought mandrel bent peices from JC Whitney. I also used a thermal research stainless muffler from them also. I wanted something a little bigger because I didn't want the car loud.

I forgot to take my camera to take pics of the system off the car. All in all, the fit and finish is pretty good with the exception of the tailpipe/tip which I plan on fixing soon. I used all the original hangars and modified the stock muffler strap to work with the new muffler. Used a single wall magnaflow tip too. Built the whole system for under $200.

Sounds ok, no rasp at all, it's a little loud for me though, plus it's gonna burn in and probably get louder so I may try a different setup, we'll see.

These are the best pics I could get, I'll try again tomorrow and take them from a different angle to the sun doesn't drain out the picture.

I know people are gonna want video clips so I'll try tomorrow.

Sold.......again.

Comment

I have the same tip on my car. Looks good dude!
            -Pierre
            1987 535is
            1988 325is

Comment

Great news... we built and tested an E36 Plug & Play prototype for our Coil On Plug kit. It worked like a charm! We are collecting the materials to produce both a PnP kit, as well as a less expensive kit that requires a modification to the harness.

Check out the turbo M42 BMW CCA Club Race car at www.hqautosport.com

Comment

Great thread, just found it. I'm going to get one of these Mark D chips.

Comment

Originally posted by rob_e30 View Post
                  Great news... we built and tested an E36 Plug & Play prototype for our Coil On Plug kit. It worked like a charm! We are collecting the materials to produce both a PnP kit, as well as a less expensive kit that requires a modification to the harness.

Check out the turbo M42 BMW CCA Club Race car at www.hqautosport.com
                  nice #1 coil, I must have gotten an early kit, as my #1 is just cut

Comment

I did the COP to my M42 and I'm very pleased with it.

Comment

Forgot about this here thread.
                      Things done since I forgot:
                      -Magnaflow partial exhaust
                      -Also got a cone air intake, piece up a kit, mocked it up, but decided to revert to stock with a brand new box filter. It's for sale now.

Going to be studying this thread pretty good, need to prep my car for the track this summer.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                      1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                      1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                      2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

E fans are good cheap upgrades. i run a 18inch slim fan rated at 2100 cfm.

Less work for the m42 to do...

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
                        Ig:ryno_pzk
                        I like the tuna here.
                        Originally posted by lambo
                        Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Originally posted by Dj Buttchug View Post

I never noticed any difference. I had an electric fan on for a year, and recently went back to the clutch fan. The electric fan, without a shroud, wasn't able to keep my engine cool enough at idle with the AC blasting. I was running the stock aux on the front and a 2500cfm on the radiator.
                          Originally posted by Gruelius
                          and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Originally posted by KenC View Post
                            I never noticed any difference. I had an electric fan on for a year, and recently went back to the clutch fan. The electric fan, without a shroud, wasn't able to keep my engine cool enough at idle with the AC blasting. I was running the stock aux on the front and a 2500cfm on the radiator.
                            thats weird. i never have any issues with cooling and im running no shroud at all... I dont have a/c but i dont feel like that changes much

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
                            Ig:ryno_pzk
                            I like the tuna here.
                            Originally posted by lambo
                            Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Originally posted by Dj Buttchug View Post

i bought a volvo 850 e-fan, but never mounted it on it.
                              thought i might retrofit it to another car of mine.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                              1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                              1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                              2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

The efan made a HUGE difference on mine. We're talking 7rwhp on the dyno. I run a volvo dual speed efan, though I always run it on high. Have no problems keeping the motor cool with the stock shroud in place. That's sitting in parking lot traffic with the a/c blasting.
                                "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
                                -----------------------------------------
                                91 318is Turbo Sold
                                87 325 Daily driver Sold
                                06 4.8is X5
                                06 Mtec X3
                                05 4.4i X5 Sold
                                92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
                                90 325i Sold
                                97 328is Sold
                                01 323ci Sold
                                92 325i Sold
                                83 528e Totaled