M42 fotostory, as requested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jesse, come to my house already and work on my ITB's and get your tune :P
    an extremely pugnacious, snarly little bastard of a car.

Comment

^^lol, I'll try to make it out this week. ;) You know I don't have the ITBs on right now. I'm going to do another free air calibration of the LC-1 and see if that helps. I'm not sure if it's a big problem or not, but the O2 relay seems to be cutting power under higher loads... I'm going to try another power source if it really is a problem. I'll have to plug the stock O2 sensor back in and compare where it is hitting the O2 maps via TunerPro's address tracing. Right now it's showing a pretty consistent 13.9:1 AFR with the mustang 280155710 19lb/hr injectors at idle. Hopefully a fresh calibration of the sensor will clear things up. It was idling better on the drive home, but on deceleration it was holding at 1k rpm for 5-10sec before settling back to normal.
      Last edited by bwawuz02; 04-30-2012, 06:05 PM.

Comment

My kosei k1s w/tires (205/50/15 dunlop dz101s) will be for sale soon due to new shoes.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335889393.570359.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	7143080
        Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335889526.525265.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	7143081

Comment

This was my initial fire up on my buddies crappy phone camera of my car a year and a half ago. Big cams high flow cat and dynomax superturbo muffler.
          1991 BMW 318is Track Car-NEEDS ITBS AND STANDALONE!!
          1997 BMW 328i Daily Driver-like buttah..

Comment

lets go Jesse!
            an extremely pugnacious, snarly little bastard of a car.

Comment

any updates on this thing? I want to see an M42 that will convince me to keep mine. I'm debating M42? 1JZ? and SR20?...give me hope lol

Comment

Just boost your m42, s13 :D

And did something bad happen with this motor?

Comment

Originally posted by MF DOOM View Post
                  Just boost your m42, s13 :D

And did something bad happen with this motor?

I would boost the m42 but I can get more power for less money if I go with the 1jz. I can get a deal on a 1jz. I can get the motor and all accessories for about $700. and I was going to adapt the 350z tranny to it and have a 6 speed. And I cold get the tranny anywere between $150-$300 so I would be saving quite a bit of money. The m42 Motor has quite a bit of miles on it and I've have plenty of coolant leak issues lately and it runs somewhat rough but it runs.

Comment

I own the head from this engine now. I think he's abandoned it and is currently sticking an M50 in his car?

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Bowers View Post
                      I own the head from this engine now. I think he's abandoned it and is currently sticking an M50 in his car?

wow....seems like he was putting plenty of work into that M42 but maybe he got a real good deal on that m50.

Comment

aw.. that's kind of a let-down..

:(
                        -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

hes bailing the m42?

dibs on single chain and cam sprocket set up

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
                          Ig:ryno_pzk
                          I like the tuna here.
                          Originally posted by lambo
                          Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Yeah, well the engine is pretty much completely parted. I'm not exactly sure why, but the main bearing seized. I don't have time to figure it out. Got an 80k mile M50TU w/325 driveshaft, harness, and DME for $700. M50 and g240 are already mated up with the Euro 13.5lb flywheel and M20 clutch. Pretty much all the parts are here for the swap and I've found a set of S50 cams.

Follow my other thread here:

Comment

So I was going to PM the OP, but then discovered that he was banned for selling illicit chips.

Where can I get a nice oil catch can like the one in the OP? I don't want PCV oil vapors waffleswaffleswaffleswaffles'ing up my nice clean intake and gumming up my ICV.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Well - that thread took a turn for the worst quite suddenly. Sure it's an old thread, but I was reading it for the first time and it went from awesome and exciting M42 build to abandoned thread, seized bearing/part-out/M50 swap, and the eventual banishment of OP.
                                diamantschwarz 1991 318is

Comment

Working...
                                X