Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jakeb View Post
    yes
    Great! Also could I get it with a flange welded on for Tial q 50mm bov. Just checking because I already have a few parts from a previous build that I would like to use. Expect an order from me in a few months
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Daily: 06 Chevy Colorado (wannabe racetruck)
    Drift/Track Car: 91 Bmw 318i 4dr

Comment

Originally posted by Reub_e30 View Post
      Great! Also could I get it with a flange welded on for Tial q 50mm bov. Just checking because I already have a few parts from a previous build that I would like to use. Expect an order from me in a few months
      Best would be to email me....using a BOV and not a BPV will mess with the way the tune works.

jake@classicdaily.net is the best way to contact me
      www.classicdaily.net
      1970 m42 swapped 2002
      1985 LS1/T56 Swapped e28 (557e)

www.blunttech.com - For all your parts needs

Follow me on Instagram for constant build updates @classicdaily
      https://www.facebook.com/ClassicDailyLLC

Comment

Best would be to email me....using a BOV and not a BPV will mess with the way the tune works.

jake@classicdaily.net is the best way to contact me
        Ok man will do. How far have you been able to push the m42 with stock internals and head?
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Daily: 06 Chevy Colorado (wannabe racetruck)
        Drift/Track Car: 91 Bmw 318i 4dr

Comment

Originally posted by dpmcdonald View Post
          Perfectly placed FMIC.
          You did a great job with that! Do you still have the condenser for your A/C? I'm in the process of getting everything installed and the condenser is keeping me from pushing the IC back as far as I think it will need to go to get the kind of fit you have there. I'm curious if you have any tricks or suggestions.
          91 318is Members' Rides Thread

Comment

Originally posted by econti View Post
            What size cooler, and do the headlight have to be modded to fit?
            I ended up cutting the headlight brackets like this. I know I needed to do it for the A/C line that runs under the high beam. I'm not sure if it was 100% needed on the other side, but I went ahead and did them both to give me room to work.

Comment

Has anyone made 400 whp on a stock boosted m42? Just got a 318is that needs some love and don't know which direction I want to go with it, I like the idea of something different though. The car already feels so light I don't really want to swap it as of right now.

Comment

Originally posted by grinchxvx View Post
                Has anyone made 400 whp on a stock boosted m42? Just got a 318is that needs some love and don't know which direction I want to go with it, I like the idea of something different though. The car already feels so light I don't really want to swap it as of right now.

If they have, I would bet not for long! Lol.
                '91 318is turbo

Comment

If they have, I would bet not for long! Lol.

I keep forgetting it's not a 6 haha. I would probably be happy with 300whp honestly if I could keep the weight down still. May have to look into this kit, 2000 is dead ass cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by grinchxvx View Post
                    I keep forgetting it's not a 6 haha. I would probably be happy with 300whp honestly if I could keep the weight down still. May have to look into this kit, 2000 is dead ass cheap.

The size turbo that comes with this kit will be only capable of ~250whp. Tune is going to be key to hit even that. Have to be careful with the high compression ratio of these motors.

Agreed that this kit is an amazing value. The quality of fabrication is great as well. Great way to get into a turbo setup on the cheap. Could always upgrade the turbo later.
                    '91 318is turbo

Comment

The size turbo that comes with this kit will be only capable of ~250whp. Tune is going to be key to hit even that. Have to be careful with the high compression ratio of these motors.

Agreed that this kit is an amazing value. The quality of fabrication is great as well. Great way to get into a turbo setup on the cheap. Could always upgrade the turbo later.

You can get a BW s300 for 600 brand new and it's a good turbo that will flow more than this motor will ever make. maybe I'll just do that and try to find a manifold to run external wastegate. I wonder if you could make good power on e85, I know frank over on BFC made like 700whp for a long time on his stock m50 always beating on his car just because ethanol is so resistant to knocking.

Comment

300 is doable but not really with a stock engine..... Going to need head studs and a VERY good tune at the very minimum.
                        www.classicdaily.net
                        1970 m42 swapped 2002
                        1985 LS1/T56 Swapped e28 (557e)

www.blunttech.com - For all your parts needs

Follow me on Instagram for constant build updates @classicdaily
                        https://www.facebook.com/ClassicDailyLLC

Comment

300 is doable but not really with a stock engine..... Going to need head studs and a VERY good tune at the very minimum.

FYI, I'm finally getting the standalone wired up. Going to put it on a dyno for some fine tuning and see how much boost I can safely throw at it on pump gas.

Will report back in a few weeks.
                          '91 318is turbo

Comment

Just to add to the thread's gallery of finished installs, this is all done except for exhaust.

Finished M42 Turbo Engine Bay by Chris Owens, on Flickr

Finished M42 Turbo Engine Bay by Chris Owens, on Flickr

318is Turbo Install by Chris Owens, on Flickr

Comment

Ocell, thanks for posting. Looks like a clean install. which fan did you end up using? Did you have any trouble installing the kit?
                              sigpic

Comment

Also how's the result? Is it a blast to drive?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X