Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brake booster + t-body single line conversion

I've seen this done,

but can anyone explain how to do this. what do you replace the original 2 piece plastic vacum diaphram/valve with?

looking to get a silicone intake boot w/o the inlet on it also

how did you plug it up on the t-body?

pics/guidance.. thanks.

im confused as to why you would want to replace the one way vacuum valve...

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
    Ig:ryno_pzk
    I like the tuna here.
    Originally posted by lambo
    Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

The line coming from the intake boot is for the idle control valve. You really do need that if you want your car to idle properly.

The BB vacuum comes from the really stiff hose that connects to the lower intake manifold between runners 3 & 4. Moving it to the throttle body would make no sense. Eliminating the 1-way valve makes even less sense, and in fact poses a safety hazard in that brake performance could become inconsistent (mainly if you are ever doing heel-to-toe stuff though).

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

The check valve only serves to keep vacuum at the booster in case the engine were to stall out. On my car I simply plugged the second line and only run the one from the TB to the booster when I did my 2.7i
        Shawn @ Bimmerbuddies
        Bimmerbuddies LLC
        717-388-1256
        2971a Roundtop Rd, Middletown PA 17057
        bimmerbuddiesllc@gmail.com

Comment

not talking about icv. i'm talking about the vacuum lines from the t-body on the side and from the intake elbow that go to the brake booster. especially on a boosted motor. do you plug them up to prevent boost pressure going out of them?
          Last edited by e30experiment; 08-08-2013, 06:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by e30experiment View Post
            not talking about icv. i'm talking about the vacuum lines from the t-body on the side and from th eintake elbow that go to the brake booster. especially on a boosted motor. do you plug them up to prevent boost pressure going out of them?
            First, the brake booster line does not get vacuum from the throttle body, it takes it from the lower intake manifold.

Second, removing the check valve will make the vacuum available to the booster variable, which will make the brakes sometimes assisted and sometimes manual, which is not safe or intelligent. If you must delete the line the line just cap the port on the intake manifold. This will leave you with manual brakes.

Third, if you want to reroute the hoses under the manifold read the mess under the intake thread in this section.

Finally, if you are asking a question like this and not understanding what has been said above you are not prepared to go FI on your car, so please don't.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

Finally, if you are asking a question like this and not understanding what has been said above you are not prepared to go FI on your car, so please don't.
              this

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
              Ig:ryno_pzk
              I like the tuna here.
              Originally posted by lambo
              Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Working...
              X