xdf for all 4 software-versions of M42?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

xdf for all 4 software-versions of M42?

Hi, I was searching the whole web for a suitable xdf but couldn´t find one for the other 3 versions. The -378 is on tunerpro, but unfortunately not working on my chip...
    Does anyone know where to find them as I am not ready yet to create an xdf of my own...

(1267356378)

I don't know for sure, but my assumption is they are simply not out there for the public. The M42 has very little information floating around on it.
    -Nick

M42 on VEMS

Comment

Yeah, there are actually no good M42 XDF's out there for free. A guy on M42Club sells them for a pretty reasonable price (Midnight Tuning / bmwconnect). Pro tuners keep it all under wraps pretty tightly since privileged information is what puts food on their table. Love it or hate it, it is what it is.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

I wish the XDFs were easily available. That said I didn't know how to create one. If I did and spent all the time I might have hesitations about putting it out there for free too.
        -Nick

M42 on VEMS

Comment

Yeah, my thoughts too. Honestly, it would take as much or more time for a lay-person like us to decipher the proper table locations, offsets, scaling factors and checksums as it would to, say, install a VEMS or MegaSquirt that has totally transparent tuning parameters and, arguably, a richer feature set. Redundancy in the event of sensor failures MIGHT be the only place that the Motronic really wins, but that may just be because I am not all that familiar with stand-alone systems' redundancy capabilities.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

I created the only XDF for 1991 M42 that you see on tunerpro. I could do the others, but there is no point. Just use that particular software version on all 175 ecus.

Comment

Hi ...revlimit, I suppose?
              I fully understand that this xdf is sufficient to start tuning, but...
              Well, I need another xdf for the tuned chip I bought. Mainly to compare it with others and change some small details, like lambda-loop for example.

I am currently trying to check your bin/xdf with the one I owe to compare, where the relevant maps are! This is timeconsuming, although one learns a lot. But as a newbie, not everything seem to be 100% at the moment, perhaps because I dont understand everything (...take the constants for example...).

You see, at least one reason.

So, I do not need to copy everything (xdf´s) available, but some help from others is always appreciated, like where is this or that map, how does the lambda-adaption-value work and so on...

On ecuconnections there is some "descriptor database" for exampe, where user midas collects all descriptors (or tries to, the datas for M1.3 and M1.7 are still very ... moderate). But thats a beginning, so with WinOLS, Excel or manually one is able to check some maps, perhaps the important ones.

=> I found 35 possible maps in my bin with WinOLS, then later more by identifying another descriptor which isn´t mentioned in the database yet so I have to do some cross-check and...very time-consuming!!!

Nevertheless thanks for the first xdf ;-)

Comment

If you thought this wouldn't be time consuming, you are in for a big surprise!
                -Nick

M42 on VEMS

Comment

Thought I could reduce the time by " using the power of my giant manly brain"...;-)
                  and some input from others.
                  But once you are into it...lets see.

Comment

Working...
                  X