Quick help regarding head bolt torque

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick help regarding head bolt torque

So I spaced and instead of doing the 22ftlbs and the 90 then another 90 I did a 180 degree turn because I forgot a circle is 360 degrees because I brain farted should I just leave it be or do another 90 or get new head bolts?

I would imagine it will be fine, but I'd be tempted to give them another little turn (maybe ~15 degrees) but probably wouldn't. As long as you followed the sequence for the bolts and the engine wasn't absolutely frigid it should be okay.

Of course, new head bolts aren't too much money and would be good for peace of mind if nothing else.

Comment

BTW it's an m44
      I'm not going to boost it or do anything and it's behind an auto trans so I think I'm gonna chance it

Comment

I think you will be ok.

Let us know how it sorts out.

t
        now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

youll be fine op. do another 15 lb ft in sequence and call it good

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
          Ig:ryno_pzk
          I like the tuna here.
          Originally posted by lambo
          Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

update: seems compression is fine, started up great i think i might have a small compression leak into the coolant system though, which is pressurizing it, not sure yet, does not overheat at all, real bitch though is 2 of the head exhaust stud holes stripped out so gotta figure that out without taking the head off. cant smog it with the exhaust leaking that bad sounds like a diesel lol

Comment

Working...
            X