Head gasket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Head gasket

My head gasket recently blew . I bought this head gasket set Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430672323.684257.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	7243769 is there any special tools I need to get the head off or will a set of sockets do it.
    E30 is life :finger:

be prepared for this

This motor has about 220k on it and was driven with a bad head gasket for about 5 k or so.

Comment

Originally posted by 97audia4 View Post
      be prepared for this

This motor has about 220k on it and was driven with a bad head gasket for about 5 k or so.

Mines was only driven 20 or 30 miles
      E30 is life :finger:

Comment

Originally posted by Th3importedguy View Post
        Mines was only driven 20 or 30 miles
        i mean for the broken head bolt, it could be the cause of your HG issue.

Comment

Originally posted by 97audia4 View Post
          i mean for the broken head bolt, it could be the cause of your HG issue.
          highly unlikely.

Hg probably popped due to either lack of maintenance or a bean dip previous hg job

Op you will need a good set of 12 point sockets, some extensions and some Torx sockets to do the job properly. Follow the removal sequence of head bolts too.

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
          Ig:ryno_pzk
          I like the tuna here.
          Originally posted by lambo
          Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Don't forget to clean the block threads to ensure its bolted down properly

Comment

Originally posted by efficient View Post
              Don't forget to clean the block threads to ensure its bolted down properly
              +1

It's a little uncommon, but make sure that there is not any oil or coolant in the block holes since you can hydrostatically lock the head bolts and either have them not hold the head, or even crack the block.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Originally posted by Dj Buttchug View Post
                highly unlikely.

Hg probably popped due to either lack of maintenance or a bean dip previous hg job

Op you will need a good set of 12 point sockets, some extensions and some Torx sockets to do the job properly. Follow the removal sequence of head bolts too.
                The M50 in my car blew a head gasket a few months back. Ended up being from a broken bolt, likely from a botched previous head gasket job.

OP, make sure you have the head surfaced before you put it back on. New valve guide seals are a good idea as well.

Comment

Working...
                X