g240 Clutch Pressure Plate Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

g240 Clutch Pressure Plate Question

I've ordered a Valeo single mass flywheel conversion kit for the m42/g240 drivetrain. When I opened the box up it all looks nice but there is a bit of marring/scratches on the machined side of the pressure plate. Will this cause issues down the road? Any help would be great.

If it's on the friction surface there's a potential for it to score your clutch disc and cause damage/small loss of clamping force until the surfaces wear flat.

How large of an area are we talking, and how serious is the damage?

Comment

Post pictures .. that would help.
      Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

Probably not.

But in for pix.

t
        now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Combined it's less than a quarter in size. It's just maybe one small knick and a few little lines. I'll post some pictures in an hour or so. The actual clutch also has a chunk taken out on the edge (it's maybe 1/4 of an inch in width). It's brand new but I'm a little worried that that piece missing may have determental effects later on down the road. I'll post both of these pics in about an hour. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm going to be reinstalling this kit tomorrow morning.

Comment

Here are the pictures. Sorry they are huge. The pressure plate I feel pretty comfortable installing, however I'm just worried about the clutch desegregating from that chip in it. If it should last for a few years I can live with that though.

Attached Files

Comment

I'd replace the clutch disc for sure. I don't know if the plate can be resurfaced, but if not, you'd be better off replacing that as well.
              Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

You really need to get a replacement from the vendor. The clutch is, as you pointed out, probably a risk to install.

Comment

Definitely return it. If you havent already. I thought of buying one of these. But im now going for a lightweight flywheel which are like 300 dollars

Comment

I run that setup I made the mistake of using the tob in the kit instead of a good Sachs one. I hear a knock when I press the clutch kind of annoying but it's been fine other than that.

Comment

Working...
                    X