Help with identification of wire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with identification of wire

I have a 1992 318i vert and just recently removed the cover on the firewall revealing the wire harness under it. I found one grey/black stripe wire disconnected under it. It is directly infront of blower motor on top the the wiring harness. Any ideas what it is for? Should I plug it back in??

I can't remember what that wire is for but I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be left unplugged.
    My Feedback

Comment

If your car is equipped with an O2 sensor, then leave it unplugged. That is the LLCO (low-level carbon monoxide) signal, which comes from the air flow meter, but it is NOT used on cars with O2 sensors. Plugging it in has caused many an M42 owner to have terrible warm-running issues since the ECU ends up using unnecessary fuel calculation factors.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Originally posted by bmwman91 View Post
        If your car is equipped with an O2 sensor, then leave it unplugged. That is the LLCO (low-level carbon monoxide) signal, which comes from the air flow meter, but it is NOT used on cars with O2 sensors. Plugging it in has caused many an M42 owner to have terrible warm-running issues since the ECU ends up using unnecessary fuel calculation factors.

What he said.

Comment

Ok thanks. Yes my m42 has an oxygen sensor. I’ll definitely leave it unplugged!!

Comment

Working...
          X