No announcement yet.

Timing components

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good detective work there. Maybe us M42 guys can delay the inevitable for at least a few more years!

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

This is awesome. I’m in the process of rebuilding my head too, and this definitely gave me a perfect solution.

Comment

Glad you guys got this figured out, if anyone needs further info on specific M44 components I have a 9/97 build M44 in pieces presently. Or if someone wants a whole timing case to play with that can happen too. I may have some used M42 components for comparison that I forgot existed when I previously stated that I had no further info.

Comment

Glad I could help. If only there was some way to reinforce the sprocket mounting area on the m42 case.
          sigpic

Comment

There is!

Replace it with the late M42 version that gets rid of the Italian Catastrophe that is the sprocket.

(Alfa twin cams loved the sprocket. In an ironic fit of accidental engineering, the Italian version isn't particularly troublesome.
            Count on the Germans to screw it up)

t
            now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

lol

For shame Germany, for shame.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Working...
              X