Diff cover confusions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diff cover confusions.

Hey there. I am faced with a weird and frustrating dilemma. Last month I purchased a 3.73 lsd. However, in my youthful ambition and 18 year old oversight I didn’t bother to check what cover was bolted to the rear. Turns out the diff is from E23, but the good thing is that it is a medium case! I have swapped the flanges, and I purchased a cover of off eBay. However the seller stated that there were three variations of the part number which is 1428241. He says that they are type A, B, and C, and the difference being the speed sensor depth. Sure enough the cover bolted right in yet the differential speed sensor ring thing? I don’t know the proper name hit right on the speed sensor hole. When I contacted the seller for which one I should I purchase instead I was hit with radio silence. So my friends. Is there something that I am missing? Thank you so much any help would be appreciated!

Does the ring hit the speed sensor or the cover?

Depending on the model, BMW used different speed rings.

The speed sensor for the non-M3 Z3 is smaller.

Comment

If hits the actual cover. In fact the ring if lined up; it can get stuck in the speed sensor hole. Also the cover swap is for an 84 318. Thank you!
      Last edited by Mil0; 01-15-2022, 10:12 AM.

Comment

try 33111210431 for the cover and 62168355008 for the pulse generator. they should be the common parts for a 188mm e30 diff. the chopper wheel should be the correct diameter and should not interfere.
        Last edited by 82eye; 01-15-2022, 11:20 AM. Reason: chopper

Comment

I will try just that thank you so much. I’ll come back once it’s bolted on!

Comment

Working...
          X