M10 dssr?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M10 dssr?

Hi, does anyone know where I can buy a dssr for the m10 engine paired to getrag 240? I think the selector rod length is 288mm. Thanks!

Im in the middle of an auto to manual swap. The getrag 240 on my tranny does not have the upper butterfly brackets so Ill be keeping the older style shifter plate mechanism but want to tighten up everything as much as i can without upgrading to chasis mount.
    Last edited by randomInteger; 05-31-2022, 09:45 PM.
    1984 318i Coupe 66k

You may want to get an aftermarket DSSR. Lots of miles on the OEM DSSR results in shifter slop you just cant fix as the metal on the shafts usually are worn duel to lack of maintenance. I experienced this on a few g260s. 288mm seems a bit long, but I am also not familiar with the M10/g240 in an e30.

Comment

Originally posted by jbontke View Post
      You may want to get an aftermarket DSSR. Lots of miles on the OEM DSSR results in shifter slop you just cant fix as the metal on the shafts usually are worn duel to lack of maintenance. I experienced this on a few g260s. 288mm seems a bit long, but I am also not familiar with the M10/g240 in an e30.
      I completely agree with you, replacing the OEM DSSR is what Im trying to accomplish. Though I'm having issues sourcing an aftermarket DSSR that it compatible.

according to real oem for 318i 1984 manual. The rod indeed is 288mm. https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...W-318i&diagId=
      1984 318i Coupe 66k

Comment

That's a tough order because hardly anyone makes shift kits for early 84-85 sheet metal console cars anymore let alone DSSR for 318i. You would probably need a custom made one.
        "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
        88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
        91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
          That's a tough order because hardly anyone makes shift kits for early 84-85 sheet metal console cars anymore let alone DSSR for 318i. You would probably need a custom made one.
          Agreed. Does anyone have a spare laying around or specs?

Thank you
          1984 318i Coupe 66k

Comment

fyi: this may now be an option.
            Weld-it-Yourself Custom DSSR Product Overview We make over 95 DSSRs for all kinds of OEM BMWs. However, sometimes, (especially with motor swaps), customers may require a custom, adjustable, twisted, or bent BMW selector rod. Well, now you can make it yourself! Simply take two machined ends and supplied rod, and
            1984 318i Coupe 66k

Comment

Hell yeah, finally someone made DSSRs easier... I guess you have to have/know a welder.

Comment

Agreed, having the kit ready for welding speeds things up.

Next evolution of this is having a blueprint, readily available, that someone can take advantage of or send to a prodecer for manufacturing.
                1984 318i Coupe 66k

Comment

DSSR my ass- just get an early 2002 linkage, fresh bushings, and shorten it.

FFS, 'dual shear' isn't the problem, it's using a short, round rod as a pivot,
                  cheap- ass plastic bushings, and then having to shove
                  against it to get the damned trans into reverse. The SHAFT is fine, the BUSHINGS inside it
                  take a wallering every time you stuff it into reverse.
                  And then, since half of the thing is stuck to the body instead of the transmission, the thing jumps up
                  and down like a penguin humping a snowball...

t
                  goddamn FLAC's
                  now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Working...
                  X