Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto to Manual swap final hurdle.. wiring for euro car help please

Hi all,

I have scoured the internet and all the guides I can see are for US cars with cruise control, clutch switches etc.

So I have a stock 1990 320i, none of the wiring has been modified, there are no clutch switches and no cruise control to worry about.

Am I right in saying (before I start chopping up wires and splicing haha!) that all I need to do to over ride the automatics neutral gear start inhibitor is the below taken from a very old ''Waybackmachine'' archive I have found? Do I even need to do the ''disconnect C143'' stage if I don't have cruise control?

Thanks very much in advance!

''All that needs to be done is to splice the GRN/YL and the two GRN/BLK wires together, tape back the BLU/WHT and BRN/BLK wires, splice the C301 side of the GRN/YL wire to the GRN/WHT wire from the other side of C301, connect your reverse light harness from the trans to C301, and disconnect C143 under the dash. That's it.

It might be different with the euro harness, but I was able to completely remove the Automatic add-on harness without any cutting or splicing. Car is now wired like a factory 5-speed.

This link may be useful to you:

Comment

Working...
    X