m42 clutch questions..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

m42 clutch questions..

where is the cheapest place to get one? i assume the one for the m42 is different than the one on the m20?

also i assume my clutch is blown... i was driving went to down shift from 5th to 3rd and i am not sure if i missed the gear or what but i felt it make a pop feeling/noise.. it would go into gear without issues but acted like neutral in when i did. the car stalled and shut off as i was pulling to the side of the road and the starter was siezed. i pushed the car forward and back in gear and was able to start the car fine and have no issues with that anymore. but if you push the clutch in it feels stiff and it doesnt matter if you put it in gear it goes nowhere and rev's freely. no fluid was on the ground and the brake fluid was full... i assume the flywheel is fine because the car starts up without issues. is this just a blown clutch or does it sound like it could be more or something else?

sounds to me like the clutch gave out. the 240 trans is easy to pull out. might want to see if you can pick up a new one and throw it in. just make sure you get new flywheel bolts

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
    Ig:ryno_pzk
    I like the tuna here.
    Originally posted by lambo
    Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

yea, i am in the process of trying to hunt down the cheapest option for a clutch, horrible timing for this.. i've pulled the trans out before and replaced it and i know it was easy, i am just not wanting to do this haha.

Comment

we are in the same boat

I felt the same thing.... TWICE

and both times it was this: (click on attached pic)
        I would say get someone to weld that shit in place, cause im sure your having the same problem as me... I would have welded mine but im in the process of an m20 SMFW conversion...
        Attached Files
        Last edited by thebutcher37; 10-15-2010, 01:01 PM. Reason: Pic FIX

jou ma se poes in 'n fishpaste jar.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Transaction Feedback

Comment

Working...
        X