No announcement yet.

Differential Gear Oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use whatever one can afford to change often.

In the enduro e30 redline 75-90 was burning a bit on the center capsule section even with the higher capacity cover; the discs barely wore though.

Red Line 75-140W went into the goldmember for thunderhill setting. If it leaves a burn coating after 2 races I will switch to OS Giken 80-250W and run a drilled/oil relieved center section like the TCD units.

26hrs and sharpie thickness for this unit is still there; surface was new before and only got slight wear ( 4 clutch discs un-sprung circuit setting with staggered thickness internals)

Flg has a car built to 99% percentile of r3v-abilities; most cars are not able to stress the driveline like so. Definitely on the higher end side of builds and stress from real drift use (king of europe spec for KOE level power/stress)

For full drift spec the settings and fluid requirements are much more aggressive than street car use.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Files
    OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Originally posted by Wanganstyle View Post
      As far as my qualifications for differential specification:

I produce my own original billet cnc LSD; endurance race a 24v e30 myself and build professional differentials for Os Giken sponsored racers & track record holders
      I know this is a thread about oil, but I'd really like to see that CNC LSD you built.
      - Josh
      1990 325is

Need a shift boot?
      Looking to buy shift boot frames, PM if you have one to sell

Here's what happens when you let the internet pick your license plate

Comment

It's a production item for e46 non m and all newer cars (x1/x3, z4, 128i, 328i etc)
        link with more details in sig.

This cutaway working Demo unit is at the Edge Motorworks Mountain view location (x street from Dinan)

A CNC Billet production design was needed to fit the very close case tolerance and assemble restraints of the 188K Kompact new age e46+ BMW 6cyl diff cases without the need to mill the iron case.

Last edited by Wanganstyle; 09-09-2013, 01:06 PM.
        OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

I use Redline Shockproof in my 3.73LSD in my track car. No complaints

Comment

Working...
          X