Clutch will NOT bleed!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch will NOT bleed!!!

I have done every method I can think of! I bought this 325i with a known bad master cylinder.

Replaced just the master cylinder as it was included and that got the car running but my clutch released just off the floor. So I decided to pony up and buy a slave cylinder too.

The new slave cylinder never made a difference.

I have reverse bleed, pressure bleed, gravity bleed, removed the slave and forced the piston back in all the way and nothing gives a firm pedal.

Please let me know what worked for you cause I'll give it a shot. If I can't get it...it's going to our local indy shop who I like but I hate to admit defeat.

Regards,

Jason
    Built > Bought
    58 Beetle | 79 Rabbit 20vT | 84 GTI TDI |84 GTI 16vT |12 Golf TDI ----89 325i | 99 QCSB Ram Cummins | 02 Burb 4x4 2500

The bleed screw being on the bottom makes it tricky. There's a jig that allows you to bleed it off the tranny. I'm thinking a clamp and a piece of wood would work too. If you get pressure with it in the C-clamp then your clutch fork is likely broken, otherwise you blew the seals in the master or slave.
    Last edited by uturn; 01-21-2015, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X