Redline MTL Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Redline MTL Question

So I recently changed my manual trans fluid and differential fluid with redline MTL in the trans and redline 75w90 in the diff. I read a thread (which I cant find now) that said they used two FULL bottles for the trans and under 2 for the diff. My car is an '87 325IS, but my trans barely took 1.5 bottles before it started spewing out. Now cold shifts are much better (what I was trying to fix), but its still really notchy, if not notchier than before, at operating temperature. Are you supposed to overfill it or was I right to stop once it started coming back out?

Thanks

Moved to the appropriate section. The FAQ/DIY section is for staff-approved instructional posts only.
    Originally posted by kronus
    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Once it starts pouring out your good.

Comment

By the book, a 325 takes 1.25L in the transmission and 1.7L in the diff. If you're pouring out more than 2 L, you're doing something wrong.

If the car is level, there should be a small trickle coming out without the fill plugs in. Or stick your finger in the hole. If you can feel oil at or just below the threads, you're good.
        Estoguy
        1986 BMW 325, Alpenweiss ~ "Elsa"

Need a photographer, come visit my site: http://estoguy.wix.com/unique-perspectives

Comment

I usually manage to get 1.5 qts into the trans.

That works.

t
          now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Working...
          X