Clutch pedal sitting low, not fully engaging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch pedal sitting low, not fully engaging

Haven't had much luck searching for this exact issue: I replaced my master cylinder today as the original one was getting pretty jenky. The pedal sat pretty low to the floor, significantly more so than the brake pedal, and I figured the new master would fix that issue but the pedal still sits at the same height with about half an inch to an inch of play.

Clutch also doesn't seem to engage all the way, as it's really difficult to shift. I did bleed the system, so I'm not sure if the engagement issue has to do with air in the system. I might try and bleed it again.

Furthermore, the brake fluid reservoir actually moves when I press the clutch pedal. I don't think the master itself is supposed to move like this:

Any adjustments I can make to raise the pedal height or adjust the biting point? Could be related to the pivot point or the spring? All my searching indicates the clutch engagement point isn't adjustable. Sorry for all the questions, any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Sounds like your slave.

Had a similar issue in a old mr2, only time I've had a slave go bad on me.

Comment

Ya know I actually replaced the slave a few months ago, so I'm sure it's not that. I wish I'd have done the master & slave at the same time but oh well.

But some good news, I rebled the system tonight and also found out the pedal adjustment bolt (where the master attaches to the pedal) wasn't at the highest setting. I raised it enough so that I can shift smoothly now, so it feels close to how it did.

Still not sure why the pedal sits so low, but I can drive now at least!

Comment

sounds like your slaves tired, I had to put one in a old mr2 I owned years ago, few months later same thing happened had to put another one it.

Comment

Working...
        X