5speed swap, airbag pedals help, rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar.

Thank you for putting my mind at ease, sorry for being such a baby :)
    sigpic
    Mein E30 ist so langsam es schmerzt.

Comment

Originally posted by NightKid View Post
      You sir are a gentleman and a scholar.
      Thank you for putting my mind at ease, sorry for being such a baby :)

EAD .

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

Theres only one thing EAD can mean. :(

But i was being serious, thanks for the effort of speaking up to help out hombre.
        sigpic
        Mein E30 ist so langsam es schmerzt.

Comment

i wish these pics worked,this is exactly the dilemma I am going through right now
          Originally posted by ebelements
          Also, for those who don't know, negative camber is the greatest thing since sliced bread(panera). Even tire wear is for city busses and the elderly.

Comment

Sorry to bring up such an old post im new to the forum and im not sure what the rules about stuff are aha. Anyway im in the process of doing a 5 speed swap with an airbag and i have already dropped the steering colum and removed the auto pedal box but now when i put in the 5 speed one the steering colum no longer bolts down or sits flush to anything under the dash. It doesnt seem right looking for some insight from someone who done this swap with an airbag before. Thanks

Comment

you don't need to remove the pedal box. You've already done it, so it's too late. but you probably have the wrong pedal box. the airbag pedal box supports the steering column, the non airbag box doesn't. on the airbag cars, the auto and manual pedal boxes are the same.
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                you don't need to remove the pedal box. You've already done it, so it's too late. but you probably have the wrong pedal box. the airbag pedal box supports the steering column, the non airbag box doesn't. on the airbag cars, the auto and manual pedal boxes are the same.
                +1 for being sorry in resurrecting an old post.

So which years of US e30s had airbags? I have a 1991 auto, got parts from 1989 manual... i'm assuming i'll be facing the same problem?

Should i just try to find a 1991 airbag manual pedal box? What if i cant? :/

Comment

Post #21

" the auto and manual pedal boxes are the same"
                  Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
                  Alice the Time Capsule
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
                  87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Glad you brought this up. I have a air bag pedal assy going in a non airbag car and it sound like what just have to grind a tab off. I have no problem doing any metal work but does anyone have pictures of what needs to be done. And is installing in a non airbag car as much of a PITA as it was taking it out?

Comment

the tab is on the assembly itself.

I don't think an airbag pedal assembly will fit on a non-airbag car anyway.
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Hmm hope it can. I saw a thread saying it's been done by cutting that tab off, so fingers crossed.

Comment

Working...
                        X