Self centering shifters. CAE, TRD, IRP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Self centering shifters. CAE, TRD, IRP

So I watched a youtube video from Engineering explained not to rest your hand on the shifter because by doing so, it will cause wear the transmission. At any given gear, it appears that the spring twisting position will have same effect as resting your hand on the shifter causing the selecting fork to have pressure on the component where as the stock shifter will be resting neutrally. I am pretty sure those who has self centering shifter installed don't have any problems, but it was just a thought. What you guys think?
    sigpic
    327is
    325es
    325es
    318is
    Fiesta ST
    E46 M3

With the self centering, you push it into 3rd, lock the centering spring adjuster, pull back into 4th. Does easily pop in? If not, readjust. Some even have lockouts so that you can lock gears out (reverse or reverse and 1rst for a race car), but still set so that you cant push too far, so it feels more like a gated shifter. I recommend upgrading only if you are ok with a body mounted shifter, or if you are able to fab up a way so that the shifter floats only with the trans IE the way it was done for DTM.

The neutral lock nut is below the centering spring nut up front.

Comment

IRP unit in the race car. Throw is too short for my liking, but easy to get used to. Only has one 14hr race on it, very well built, but not so easy on your budget.
      john@m20guru.com
      Links:
      Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Advanced AutoFab. Adjustable in every way, throw, vibration, etc:

Comment

Working...
        X