join the E30 Cabrio owners gruppe
    click here for details

Comment

Originally posted by OrganicMechanic View Post

in process
      Uh oh... another E30 V8... sweet!

Garey

Comment

Subscribed. Iwas at favorite junk yard last year to pick up a 4.0 and the sun of bitch crushed all the cars. Many 5 series,couple 3 series. Damnit:(
        NASA
        BMWCCA member
        PCA member 25yrs

1991 318IS slick top
        1997 M3 sedan
        2001 325CI DD

“whoever turns the wheel the least, wins"

Comment

Originally posted by BruceBe View Post
          That is a very useful swap part. With two -10 AN Aluminum bungs welded to it, that plate is a slick take-off to a remote filter/cooler. I was going to either tap the block, or build my own plate with O-ring'd counterbores, but this is easier and less expensive.

Thanks for the info guys,
          -Bruce
          I've attached a photo of the modified X5 part, with -10AN bungs welded to it. This will make it trivial to install a high-performance remote oil filter, and ditch the stock, heavy BMW filter housing. And since the plate bolts on, the block remains unmodified.

-Bruce
          Attached Files

Comment

I've attached a photo of the modified X5 part, with -10AN bungs welded to it. This will make it trivial to install a high-performance remote oil filter, and ditch the stock, heavy BMW filter housing. And since the plate bolts on, the block remains unmodified.

-Bruce
            Wow Bruce! That's a pretty slick mod to that part! I still may just tap the block for mine to run a remote filter setup, but in your application this is right on the money. Nice motor mount, as well. Still waiting to get mine back from the duplicator(Jean), Lol! Any new news on the clutch/pressure plate front? Keep the pictures coming...

Garey

Comment

Garey - I do now have a collection of parts that I believe will work with the JBR e39 flywheel, which means it will work with any stock e39 flywheel. However, until I have it all installed and tested, it wouldn't make sense to endorse it. If it does work, the good news is that the vehicle application for the PP/clutch is a common one.

Not trying to be coy, I just would hate for anyone to go spend money on parts based on a recommendation that hasn't been verified/tested. Hopefully, I'll have an answer over the next few weeks.

-Bruce

Comment

Garey - I do now have a collection of parts that I believe will work with the JBR e39 flywheel, which means it will work with any stock e39 flywheel. However, until I have it all installed and tested, it wouldn't make sense to endorse it. If it does work, the good news is that the vehicle application for the PP/clutch is a common one.

Not trying to be coy, I just would hate for anyone to go spend money on parts based on a recommendation that hasn't been verified/tested. Hopefully, I'll have an answer over the next few weeks.

-Bruce
                I respect that approach, Bruce. I'm not in any hurry, since the car is still in pieces anyway. Fingers crossed it works as you expect and we can benefit from your experiments. Post more pics, please, Lol! Unless you don't want to give away anything , since it is a track car...

Garey

Garey

Comment

I like that modified x5 part, pretty sure I'll just go with that as well :)

Garey - couple more days and they are back in your hands :)
                  Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
                    I like that modified x5 part, pretty sure I'll just go with that as well :)

Garey - couple more days and they are back in your hands :)
                    That's cool Jean, just had to razz you a little, Lol! I like Bruce's piece, as well... maybe I'll do it too. Since my motor is completely disassembled, though, I may just tap the block...

Garey

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
                      Seems like some nikasils actually dyno better too... it's probably a none issue at this point as well.

Anyway, I looked at some 300mm.de stuff, and will try going this route. Looks like the just cut/modified the stock driver side mount to make room for the e30 mount.

and the passenger side

http://www.300mm.de/typ5/05.jpg
                      did you end up going this route? i'm starting to finally collect for my swap and i didn't see how you ended up on the mounts.
                      1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
                      1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
                      1974 2002tii / stock
                      2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Sorry guys I'm a bit late on this thread, are you still looking for mounts? I might have a contact in Germany that can provide a complete mounting kit for M60 on E30 frame.

Founder @ Maintenr. Take control of your vehicle maintenance.

Comment

quality, price, link?
                          1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
                          1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
                          1974 2002tii / stock
                          2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Originally posted by mkcman17 View Post
                            did you end up going this route? i'm starting to finally collect for my swap and i didn't see how you ended up on the mounts.
                            I didn't answer this right away... I thought I'd let Jean post a reply, but since he hasn't yet... I made the mounts Jean is using. He "borrowed them a while back from me to use as patterns to fashion his own. His fab guy is not the fastest fabricator, as he's been at it for a few months. Chances are, he works on them in his spare time, which may not be much, Lol! Jean has promised I should have the mounts back soon, as I'm getting closer on my build to needing them. They're not difficult to make, I copied the idea from the ones Jonsku made, which are the ones that are for sale. They're pretty salty, pricewise, which is why I just made my own. Jean and I were talking about our swaps, which were going on simultaneously, and asked if he could use mine to pattern his and I said sure...

Garey

Comment

quality, price, link?
                              I will ask my friend tomorrow if I don't forget

Founder @ Maintenr. Take control of your vehicle maintenance.

Comment

quality, price, link?

Should have everything you need to know...

Garey

Comment

Working...
                                X