No announcement yet.

E30 v8 cabrio "gentleman edition" *finished and sold*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good! Looks like you were able to run the e34 booster linkages with minimal chopping of the strut tower reinforcement and frame rails.... have any better pics of how you routed or modified things?
    85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
    e30 restoration and V8 swap
    24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

this looks like so much fun. keep us updated please :)
      -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
      -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
      MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
      Got Drop?? ;-)
      Originally posted by JinormusJ
      But of course
      E30s are know to be notoriously really really really ridiculously good looking

Comment

Everything is sooo clean :)

Q. Why did you mount the oil pan to the block w/o first doing the lower timing cover since the upper oil pan gasket overlaps?
        Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by JGood View Post
          Looking good! Looks like you were able to run the e34 booster linkages with minimal chopping of the strut tower reinforcement and frame rails.... have any better pics of how you routed or modified things?
          I'll post pictures once I get it assembled. ;) Waiting for couple of parts to be coated first..

Originally posted by Jean View Post
          Q. Why did you mount the oil pan to the block w/o first doing the lower timing cover since the upper oil pan gasket overlaps?
          Lower oil pan is not fully bolted yet, got to unbolt it anyways so no problem with the lower timing cover.
          - E34 M5 (x 2) -
          - E30 V8 Cabrio "Kylpyamme" -
          - Alpina D10 Touring #33/94 -

+
          - E46 318i Touring -
          - Toyota Hiace 4wd -

Comment

i love how v8 swaps are being more common. learning alot on this stuff! suprised your not running a hydro boost setup for brakes like the others ive seen.
            Originally posted by blunttech
            r3v does not fuck around. First you get banned, then they shoot you

Comment

Ok, all the brake and fuel lines are now done. Engine is also ready to be lifted in, maybe tomorrow? :)

Originally posted by Jonsku View Post
              I'll post pictures once I get it assembled. ;) Waiting for couple of parts to be coated first..
              Originally posted by Killacortes View Post
              i love how v8 swaps are being more common. learning alot on this stuff! suprised your not running a hydro boost setup for brakes like the others ive seen.
              Here's one pic of the partly assembled brake linkage;

The reason I'm using E32 / E34 brake setup is that it's very easy to modify to fit E30. The hydro-setup requires the huge brake cylinder at the firewall & additional plumbing. Both are usable, though.

However, there are couple of problems also. First of all, most of the engine's bolts / nuts / small parts are at coating company. Well, I dropped them there almost 1,5 months ago and still no progress.. Another problem is that some parts which I've ordered many, many weeks ago are still "on way"..

Funny pic :)

Additional pictures can be found at; http://v8cabrio.kuvat.fi
              - E34 M5 (x 2) -

+
              - E46 318i Touring -
              - Toyota Hiace 4wd -

Comment

Loving it. Tell me more about those stainless steel V-Clamps you are using off the manifolds.

What size are they and where did you acquire them from?
                Recent Rebranding!!
                Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
                E30 SM62/S62
                E30 M60 V8
                E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
                Instagram.com/garageaholic
                Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

Wait, did I read that right? Did you say M60B30 or did you mean to say B40? It looks like its a B40 from the first pic, bc I don't understand why anybody would swap a 3.0 when a 4.0 would get you 30-40% more power in the same package
                  Recent Rebranding!!
                  Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
                  E30 SM62/S62
                  E30 M60 V8
                  E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
                  Instagram.com/garageaholic
                  Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

Originally posted by FrankM E30 View Post
                    Loving it. Tell me more about those stainless steel V-Clamps you are using off the manifolds.

What size are they and where did you acquire them from?
                    Basic V-bands, little bit over 2" in diameter.

Originally posted by FrankM E30 View Post
                    Wait, did I read that right? Did you say M60B30 or did you mean to say B40? It looks like its a B40 from the first pic, bc I don't understand why anybody would swap a 3.0 when a 4.0 would get you 30-40% more power in the same package

Yeah the "mock-up" engine as shown in the first pictures is 4-liter as that is where the gearbox comes from (ZF5HP30), but the engine going in is 3-liter due to Finnish registration limitations (max. 3,3 litres / 231hp to E30). The intake manifold & AFM will be from the bigger brother so we might get couple of additional ponies out of it..
                    - E34 M5 (x 2) -

+
                    - E46 318i Touring -
                    - Toyota Hiace 4wd -

Comment

They limit your horsepower?! Fucked...
                      Originally posted by blunttech
                      r3v does not fuck around. First you get banned, then they shoot you

Comment

Yeah the "mock-up" engine as shown in the first pictures is 4-liter as that is where the gearbox comes from (ZF5HP30), but the engine going in is 3-liter due to Finnish registration limitations (max. 3,3 litres / 231hp to E30). The intake manifold & AFM will be from the bigger brother so we might get couple of additional ponies out of it..
                        Originally posted by Killacortes View Post
                        They limit your horsepower?! Fucked...
                        How do they even determine this? Do they dyno your car?:rofl:
                        And how do they determine displacement? With many engines it's impossible to determine the displacement by just looking at what engine it is - i.e. how would they know if you bored/stroked your m60?
                        Zinno '89 <24v swap in progress>

Comment

Slow on updates but the work is going on all the time :)

Fuel supply is completed (btw, how the hell that tank works? There is not connecting pipe in the bottom and there's pump only on one side of the tank ... Enlighten me if you know :) )

Wiring is also in quite good stage already, almost all engine-compartment wires have been done. Still got to clean it up, but other than that all is good and well.

- E34 M5 (x 2) -

+
                          - E46 318i Touring -
                          - Toyota Hiace 4wd -

Comment

Monologue goes on.. The wiring takes quite a lot time, though got the engine harness "ready";

Though still these need to be sorted out :)

Additional pictures can be found at http://v8cabrio.kuvat.fi
                            - E34 M5 (x 2) -

+
                            - E46 318i Touring -
                            - Toyota Hiace 4wd -

Comment

How do they even determine this? Do they dyno your car?
                              And how do they determine displacement? With many engines it's impossible to determine the displacement by just looking at what engine it is - i.e. how would they know if you bored/stroked your m60?
                              I suppose they just trust man's word. We still have that funny thing here.

Comment

Monologue goes on.. The wiring takes quite a lot time, though got the engine harness "ready";

Though still these need to be sorted out :)

Additional pictures can be found at http://v8cabrio.kuvat.fi
                                Quite a lot of time because it's automatic yeah?
                                Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Working...
                                X