Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know if its the s52 or s54 z3m radiator that fits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pm me as well please.
    Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by noid View Post
      You're running it in a s54 swap right? How is the temperature looking?
      weeeell... it's not running yet. I think it will in 2015, when plutonium is available at every corner drugstore.

Originally posted by whysimon
      WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

I got a new Behr s54 m coupe radiator from Blunt, I haven't installed it yet. It is much thicker, but it seems shorter, by an inch and a half or so. I'm sure the overall volume is larger tho.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk
        1989 cirrisblau-metallic 325i

Comment

I'm waiting on my Mishimoto X-Line Z3M 3 Row to arrive now. I'll get pics of it next to an E36 M3 2 row, for comparison, and in the car when it arrives. Very excited to get this piece of the puzzle in my hands!

Garey

Comment

Originally posted by bmwmech1 View Post
            I'm waiting on my Mishimoto X-Line Z3M 3 Row to arrive now. I'll get pics of it next to an E36 M3 2 row, for comparison, and in the car when it arrives. Very excited to get this piece of the puzzle in my hands!

Garey
            Going to keep you too it! :D
            Your resource to do-it-yourself and interesting bmw and e30 stuff: www.rtsauto.com

Your resource to tools and tips: www.rtstools.com

Comment

Originally posted by bmwmech1 View Post

Garey

Comment

Going to keep you too it! :D
                No problem... pictures seem to help everyone "visualize" the answer to most questions and we continue to strive for good, accurate information here. It's nice to be a part of the gathering of that information...

Garey

Comment

Originally posted by Corey@Track.One View Post
                  Yup...

Garey

Comment

I am excited to hear and see if it fits without modification.

I am confused as to if the z3m mishimoto radiator has 2 or 3 rows? The website says 2, yet the ones being sold on ebay say 3?

As an ideal upgrade to the stock BMW radiator, the Mishimoto BMW Z3 X-Line aluminum radiator will give your BMW a cooler engine that runs more efficiently, boost engine functions and prevent your car from overheating. All Mishimoto X-Line performance radiators are made with durable aircraft quality aluminum and feature polished end tanks. As with all our aluminum radiators, this BMW Z3 radiator includes the Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty.

Row: 2

Rows: 3

Some of the other ebay adds say 2....

Yet their press release says 3 for their x-line rads...

So which one is it?
                    Last edited by noid; 01-25-2012, 07:34 PM.
                    Your resource to do-it-yourself and interesting bmw and e30 stuff: www.rtsauto.com

Comment

I am excited to hear and see if it fits without modification.

I am confused as to if the z3m mishimoto radiator has 2 or 3 rows? The website says 2, yet the ones being sold on ebay say 3?

As an ideal upgrade to the stock BMW radiator, the Mishimoto BMW Z3 X-Line aluminum radiator will give your BMW a cooler engine that runs more efficiently, boost engine functions and prevent your car from overheating. All Mishimoto X-Line performance radiators are made with durable aircraft quality aluminum and feature polished end tanks. As with all our aluminum radiators, this BMW Z3 radiator includes the Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty.

Row: 2

Rows: 3

Some of the other ebay adds say 2....

Yet their press release says 3 for their x-line rads...

So which one is it?
                      Knowing seller's capacity for mistakes in their listings on ebay, I would say to trust the Mishimoto press release, stating the X-Line's are 3 row. I have seen the difference in listings on ebay for the same X-Line part number and I would again default to the Mishimoto press release and the X-Line part numbers. Just hook up with Corey at Track One, he'll get you the right one... ask me how I know...

Garey

Comment

Well if you take a look at mishimoto's website here:

its says it is a 2 core...

Corey would you know by chance?

Comment

I noticed that two, but all of Mishimoto's X Line radiators are 3 row, and on the spreadsheet of product info from the distributor it lists them as Z3 3 Row Radiator, so I think it's safe to assume that's a typo.

It's also 3" thick, like all the other 3 rows, whereas the 2 rows are 2" thick.

But, there'd be no harm in me contacting Mishimoto.

Also, thanks Garey 8)
                          Last edited by CoreyZ; 01-25-2012, 10:31 PM.

Comment

the older (thinner) mishimoto units can handle a S54 in daily driver format. traffic etc etc is just fine.

any S52/54 radiator will fit right into a early e30: if you get one thick enough you will need to clearance the top bracket, my PWR is about 1.5" thicker than former mishimoto, had to clearance the bracket to make room for the radiator core. otherwise perfect fit.

e34 M60 V8 3000cc in europe sometimes uses the same actual radiator part number as e36m. its shorter than the 4000cc unit so there are matched oem brackets to mount it also.
                            OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Originally posted by Mishimoto
                              Corey,

Thanks for the E-mail.

The X line Z3 radiator is in fact only a two row. However, it is much, much thicker than the OEM and the “standard” Z3 radiator we are working on at this time.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Patrick Muschamp

Mishimoto Automotive
                              Well, that's disappointing.

Comment

Is it much thicker then the OEM Z3 rad, or is it much thicker then the Z3M rad?

Comment

Working...
                                X