E30 Touring M60 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So much win in this tread

Did no one see the first transporter? He drove a manual e38.
    I want a nice set of smoked MHW's (I know, get it line)
    Free Stuff!!:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=273454

Comment

Same exact car as the one I scraped E38 740i 6 speed manual ( although 1995 car was in an immaculate condition no rust nothing , did strip the whole car naked). I am so much buried in this project completly forgot about the 740 past, thanks for reminding me :). Did make me grin for a while :)
      Last edited by bongo78; 05-06-2013, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Got all the parts needed for the 5 lug + brake upgrade :mrgreen:

Front:
        M3 Evo complete and fully refurbished front except struts + 4 pot Brembos
        Rear:
        318ti rear + E46 330i brakes + E46 330i calliper brackets + shafts with ABS rings :)
        Last edited by bongo78; 05-11-2013, 02:29 PM.

Comment

So e46 330 rotor, calipers and brackets fit direct on to e36ti trailing arm?
          For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
          Originally posted by mbonanni
          I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Finally :) 5x120 is done!
            Had some trouble with the front, due to my desire to put taller tire (we have excellent roads here ). I bought a pair of Nokian z Line 215/45/17 for the 7 1/2J fronts, changed the left side and to my surprise/disappointment it was awful :(. Too much tire rubbing everywhere, and due to the 25mm spacers (need a spacer to clear the 4 pot Brembos) that I had, the tire was too far back. I was near a nervous breakdown thinking what did I do wrong :(. Turns out that the correct spacer is between 16-18mm leaving between 1,5-3,5mm between the rim and the calliper. And the correct tire size is 205/45/17 or 215/40/17 , good that I have long history with my tire shop and those 300$ wont go to waste :).

So e46 330 rotor, calipers and brackets fit direct on to e36ti trailing arm?
            NO, not really :) . You need a beefy bracket to hold the new E46 330i calliper as the disk has nothing in common with the 318ti except the iron :) . There is also the issue of the hand brake, because the hat of the new disk is smaller you cant use the factory handbrake setup.I will be putting a hydraulic one at some point.

Will update with pictures at some point :)
            Last edited by bongo78; 05-18-2013, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

The brake balance is back :). Going the E46 330 way for the rear brake setup was the best decision ever. For anyone doing the 4-pot E38 brembo up front this should sort the bias.
                  In the E38 originally the rear brake cylinder diameter is 40mm I decided to go a bit higher as the E46 42mm rear setup was available.

Current setup:
                  Front - E36 M3 96+ brake disks 315x28 with 4 pot E38 Brembo callipers. A little modification is needed for the callipers to mount.
                  Rear - 318ti trailing arms with E46 330i 320x22mm disks and callipers. Calliper brackets were fabricated. Downside of this is the loss of the parking brake.

On the ABS side - all the wiring is done :). Turns out there are 2 types of front ABS sensors for the E36 and I have the earlier type which is not compatible with my 97+ ABS :(.

Comment

Working...
                  X