No announcement yet.

MMP M62B44 Build Project "Jack-N-Coke"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wellupp Drove the car to work today, it was awesome! Got no vibrations out of the driveline at all... Hoping this is a good fix.

Now if this hold up I will have the time to start my super charger manifold "again"
    all attempts so far have been less than perfect. I have another idea and should be ironing out more issues and posting up more detail on that here in the near future. Sadly I quite busy at work and have been on the road, I was able how ever to pick up a sponsor for the Juggernaut "Pirelli tires" but that also mean I now have a completion date that i committed too. This will eat into my time.. ugh
    https://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar...re-irs.356333/

This Forum is built on love, and powered by Sexual Tension!

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Got clutch slave cylinder leak down, and a few drips from the bell housing.
      So that I'll have to replace soon.
      also noticed that I have a elc gremlin in the car. Not sure what's up.
      Some times I get a whistle through the radio, or I pop a elc fan fuse. But not all the time. just seems to come and go.. Other than that I have had no issues..
      to speak of.
      The car runs amazingly well. strong, starts every time, mean as fuck....
      This car is very aggressive on the street. And that has nothing to do with how I drive. It has presence at alight, just the idle of the v8 in that tiny all car makes people look and wounder...
      I have yet to have some one try me at a light, but i did have a lifter truck (gas) try to pull me while going up a hill... Didn't even shift out of 5th for that one...

So far very pleased with it. It's addicting to drive.

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyMadness View Post
        Got clutch slave cylinder leak down, and a few drips from the bell housing.
        So that I'll have to replace soon.
        also noticed that I have a elc gremlin in the car. Not sure what's up.
        Some times I get a whistle through the radio, or I pop a elc fan fuse. But not all the time. just seems to come and go.. Other than that I have had no issues..
        to speak of.
        The car runs amazingly well. strong, starts every time, mean as fuck....
        This car is very aggressive on the street. And that has nothing to do with how I drive. It has presence at alight, just the idle of the v8 in that tiny all car makes people look and wounder...
        I have yet to have some one try me at a light, but i did have a lifter truck (gas) try to pull me while going up a hill... Didn't even shift out of 5th for that one...

So far very pleased with it. It's addicting to drive.
        :devil: awesome!! it is mean as fuck
        Could not agree more with you!! the looks I got from people when my car still had an engine...lolll..

Quick question found a donor engine this time I'm tearing everything down... and wondering what chemicals I can use to clean the pistons and top of bores?? ...since its a Alusil block dont want to ruin that expensive alu/silicone on those bores..
        Denny

Blogs:
        http://bmw325e30.blogspot.com/ (restoration)
        http://bmw325e30turbo.blogspot.com (Twincharge M20)
        http://bmw325e30m62b44.blogspot.ca/

Comment

Just read all 45 pages! Epic!
          I have to keep stopping myself looking up donor cars!

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
            :devil: awesome!! it is mean as fuck
            Could not agree more with you!! the looks I got from people when my car still had an engine...lolll..

Quick question found a donor engine this time I'm tearing everything down... and wondering what chemicals I can use to clean the pistons and top of bores?? ...since its a Alusil block dont want to ruin that expensive alu/silicone on those bores..
            I haven't entered that realm, but I have been snoopen the Porsche sites and they have the same cylinder walls and rebuild there shit all the time. so check a few out...

Originally posted by pirate323i View Post
            Just read all 45 pages! Epic!
            I have to keep stopping myself looking up donor cars!
            Why stop.... You Must Build...~!

Comment

My first read through, and I'll definitely be checking this often 8) Sick dyno numbers. Making me feel good about storing my B40 parts, as long as it may be before it's their time to run.

Comment

How's this beast doing lately?

Comment

Originally posted by Tjabo View Post
                  How's this beast doing lately?
                  Replaced the clutch slave cylinder and now all shifts are smooth an easy.
                  I replaced the 30 amp fuses with 40 for the fans and have yet to pop one.
                  Still get some crazy feed back through the speakers (have no clue what that is)
                  but it doesn't happen all the time...?!?!

Yep... Need new tires in the rear. Regardless if you burn out or not just the torque your putting down will grind them off.

Other than that it's fucking awesome.. Drove it into work today... I have fallen in love with it.....

Next project will be the Supercharger manifold and new seats or seat rebuilds...

Comment

Cool! :-)

I have really gotten to like my M62B44, and at this point I think I'm swearing off LS swaps. Love reading your thread!

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyMadness View Post
                      . . . Next was mounting the crank sensor. The 98 m62 is obd2 and I'm converting to obd1 in order to ease on build and run MS3. So i had to come up with a way to mount to the sensor. I think it turned out pretty good.

[ATTACH]74283[/ATTACH]
                      [ATTACH]74284[/ATTACH]
                      [ATTACH]74285[/ATTACH]
                      [ATTACH]74286[/ATTACH]
                      [ATTACH]74287[/ATTACH]
                      What a great thread! I had to re-read the first third of it or so, for crank position signal and clutch setup info.

Regarding the crank trigger setup, does the crank pulley/damper/trigger wheel from the M60 bolt directly onto the M62 crank hub with belts properly aligned, or is there more to that part?

Secondly, what was the source of the parts you cut and fabbed together to make your CKP sensor bracket? Also, am I correct that you simply bolted that to the front cover of the M62?

How is this beast doing lately anyway, and are there plans for the MS3 still?

Comment

Originally posted by Tjabo View Post
                        What a great thread! I had to re-read the first third of it or so, for crank position signal and clutch setup info.

Regarding the crank trigger setup, does the crank pulley/damper/trigger wheel from the M60 bolt directly onto the M62 crank hub with belts properly aligned, or is there more to that part?

Secondly, what was the source of the parts you cut and fabbed together to make your CKP sensor bracket? Also, am I correct that you simply bolted that to the front cover of the M62?

How is this beast doing lately anyway, and are there plans for the MS3 still?
                        Yes the m60 pulley/damper/trigger wheel bolts directly to the m62. with no issue.

I used an M20 crank trigger bracket. I cut/ welded removing about 3/8 -1/2" to get the right alignment.

Yes what I didn't show was on the back side was the mount holes I drilled about a 1/16" counter sunk hole to allow for an oring so the bolts wouldn't leak oil. Then I red lock tighted the bolts to the cover. I have had no issues.

The car is running amazingly at the moment. I have a mental issue where I have a very hard time trusting anything that I built from myself. This is why i tend to over build things... ugh
                        So i have been daily driving it to work the last month and ever friday I run arrons with it a slowly taking it father out side my comfort zone in distance.
                        I pretty confident that the car is pretty sold now.
                        I have noticed that my inner tread on my rear wheels are bald so i may tear the rear suspention apart some time in the future. I'm also thing I need a heavier spring rate in the rear. I get a good amount of squat when leaving hard, which could be my reason for the odd tread wear in the rear...
                        things to look into... right?

as for the Ms3. No I haven't moved froward on it. I'm still (stalled due to busy and short on project funds "buying a house soon") working on the SC setup and manifold. Once I get a finalized manifold built I will dive deep on that once again, and be barking up WhodWho's tree for a ms3 box ;D

Comment

EXCELLENT--Thank you for the extra details! :mrgreen:

I'm planning to MS3 my M62 sometime this winter I hope, and moving the crank trigger up to the front may be part of the overall plan for a couple of reasons. With the crank trigger moved up front, you wouldn't happen to know if one of the cheaper/lighter 240mm M3 flywheels will bolt up to the M62 crank would you?

That's fantastic about your car running so well that you can enjoy it daily. I can only imagine what a nice M62 would be like in a nice, light weight e30. How high does it feel like it likes to rev? Mine seems to be good up to about 6,300-6,400 according to my tach, then after that it gets a bit wheezy.

Thanks again for the additional information on the crank trigger, and for all of the sharing you've done in this thread!

Comment

The 8's and 12's have 9 bolt crank circles while the 6's have 8 bolt circles... no flywheels interchange.

Comment

Thank you Dark Side of Will!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	12301689_880075315433993_6190964843658251331_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	7181206
                                We all knew it was bound to happen, 2nd set of tires.
                                Due to the aggressive torque I went with the cheap Primewell tires from Firestone to get me through the winter $56 a wheel...
                                :ST1G:

Comment

Working...
                                X