MMP M62B44 Build Project "Jack-N-Coke"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update:
    Due to the cold temps here lately I have been using the crap out of my heater. Well today on the way into work I noticed my temp gauge moving more than normal and a faint smell of maple syrup. Felt the carpet next to the loud peddle and yep.. Heater has sprung a leak.. Dammit :(
    https://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar...re-irs.356333/

This Forum is built on love, and powered by Sexual Tension!

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Not my favorite job on the e30, but not the worst either. Good luck!

Comment

Ugh, please snap a few pics of the job if you're able!

Comment

Will the e36 328i standard driveshaft work for a m62, 6 speed swap?
          If not I have a 740i front and e30. Get them welded then I should be set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bmwchronic View Post
            Will the e36 328i standard driveshaft work for a m62, 6 speed swap?
            If not I have a 740i front and e30. Get them welded then I should be set.

No standard driveshafts will work with the 6spd swap I believe.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
            Transaction feedback
            - jpod999

Comment

Shoot. Well that is a killer then.
              My other thought was an e46 m3 6 speed driveshaft with a 4 bolt rear.

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
                Not my favorite job on the e30, but not the worst either. Good luck!
                Might be a while, got finish my truck build (74 D200 w/360ci ) and I'm in the middle of buying another home and I will be traviling for work till march so my time is super limited. At the moment I just removed the heater hoses and blocked them for now. It's pretty nippy in the moring with out heat... lol
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Freezing-12833-215x300.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.5 KB
ID:	7181937

Originally posted by Tjabo View Post
                Ugh, please snap a few pics of the job if you're able!
                Will do but honistly not looking forward to it. once I hit the summer I have to do a tear down of the motor to replace all the front seal and plan on swapping out chain slides, and finilizing my supercharger build. So i might as well pull the dash to right...

Originally posted by Bmwchronic View Post
                Shoot. Well that is a killer then.
                My other thought was an e46 m3 6 speed driveshaft with a 4 bolt rear.
                Yea fuck drive shafts... but got to tell you 6 spds maybe cool, but damn I love my 5spd. :devil:

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Hey! look at this! Maybe a possible permanent driveshaft fix?
                  Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Ok so snapped my throttle cable at the pedal recently. turns out that my pedal arm and the cable hole/ firewall pass through is just enough out of alignment ( to the left and just above) that it puts just enough of kink in the cable/pedal hook while at rest.To make it wear at this point. I was using a used cable, now I have a new one and wondering how long it will last? Sadly its just enough off to make any changes tough and close enough to say fuck it and just look at buying a new cable ever 2yrs.. ugh

I'll try and get pictures so you guys can see what I'm talking about and get a more feed back from you.

As it is it will have to do till I can get back to this project. As I said before in this thread I have two other projects in the works and close to finishing both so the e30 may have to wait till this summer before i can tare it down to fit it right. On a good note it maybe easier to wait till i pull the dash to fix the heater core before i fuck with it... ugh the struggle...

Comment

Could you mount a small arm and wheel right before the cable hole? Maybe something out of old electronics, maybe an old tape player or an RC car.
                      AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
                        Could you mount a small arm and wheel right before the cable hole? Maybe something out of old electronics, maybe an old tape player or an RC car.
                        I'll have to post pic's. I'm sure I could do something of that nature.

Comment

I would like to go back to the shifter for a second. I'm thinking about going with the AKG shifter, or something similar. I was reading that some people were having issues with the shifter jumping out of gear, or shifting on it's own under hard accel/decel, and hard cornering. Also, I have heard complaints that the gears are way too close together and harsh for daily driver status. Have you had any of these issue, and what do you think about using the AKG for "Daily" use?
                          Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by delamaize View Post
                            I would like to go back to the shifter for a second. I'm thinking about going with the AKG shifter, or something similar. I was reading that some people were having issues with the shifter jumping out of gear, or shifting on it's own under hard accel/decel, and hard cornering. Also, I have heard complaints that the gears are way too close together and harsh for daily driver status. Have you had any of these issue, and what do you think about using the AKG for "Daily" use?
                            I have had no issues of gears jumping or slipping out of gear at all. But I also build my own weighted throw rod, and linkage. Which I believe helps if any issue like that would be present. as for the AKG. I love it~! I love the "race car like" shifting. You feel everything. Yes the gears a close and its easy to catch a dog.
                            As for a daily I love it but I enjoy shifting as a whole and I don't enjoy soft shifters like new cars. I will tell you that a solid shiter and linkage has the feel of an empty gear box... lol I have changed my trans gear oil twice now thinking it was either dry or the oil had broken down... wasn't till after I was talking with a personal friend who races purpose built cars as a hobby that he informed me that is how they feel...
                            I would equate it to the feeling of stock rear sub frame / diff and suspension bushing VS. a full Condor bushed rear end, the feel is sooo different...!

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyMadness View Post
                              I have had no issues of gears jumping or slipping out of gear at all. But I also build my own weighted throw rod, and linkage. Which I believe helps if any issue like that would be present. as for the AKG. I love it~! I love the "race car like" shifting. You feel everything. Yes the gears a close and its easy to catch a dog.
                              As for a daily I love it but I enjoy shifting as a whole and I don't enjoy soft shifters like new cars. I will tell you that a solid shiter and linkage has the feel of an empty gear box... lol I have changed my trans gear oil twice now thinking it was either dry or the oil had broken down... wasn't till after I was talking with a personal friend who races purpose built cars as a hobby that he informed me that is how they feel...
                              I would equate it to the feeling of stock rear sub frame / diff and suspension bushing VS. a full Condor bushed rear end, the feel is sooo different...!
                              Thanks for the input, I will probably go for it then. It seems redundant to rebuild, and modify a stock system, that is sloppy, when you can upgrade and get better equipment, and results.
                              Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyMadness View Post
                                So, finally had time and the needed info to get back to project Jack-N-Coke

So today i installed the Garagetastic tach mod for the V8 swap.
                                Decided to mount this on the "blue c1" plug off the back of the cluster. Keeping in the cab, away from harm.
                                So if your interested in doing the same I'll post up the info below.

Blue C1 connecter
                                Soild brown = Negative/Ground
                                Grn/yellow = 12v/Positive
                                Pin #7 solid black splice this in dme to tach
                                Yellow to tach , white to dme.

Remember Garagetastic's mod requires a 4cyl tach plug. This mod will not work with the 6cyl plug
                                You'll need a Dakota Elc. Setup for the 6cyl.

[ATTACH]77077[/ATTACH]
                                [ATTACH]77078[/ATTACH]
                                [ATTACH]77079[/ATTACH]
                                [ATTACH]77080[/ATTACH]
                                After shrink rapping it and zip tie-ing it it the wire harness it is now protected and hidden
                                :beer:
                                Sorry to drag up an old post but when you did this did you just tap into the wires or cut them and solder the rpm module in place?

Comment

Working...
                                X