No announcement yet.

318is M60 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some simple things done. Put on the accessory belt.

Also figured where I will mount the clutch reservoir.

Started scoping out the exhaust set up. Boy is it gonna be tight on the driverside but I think I'm just going to make these manifolds work.

Comment

Nice. Wuddou think the ETA is now? Definitely by spring?

Comment

Originally posted by jalopi View Post
        Nice. Wuddou think the ETA is now? Definitely by spring?
        Yeah I'm hoping to have everything sorted by then.

I would like to try to be turning it over by New Years. But I'm taking a trip at the end of December that will probably prevent that from happening.

Comment

Looking good!! man
          Denny

Blogs:
          http://bmw325e30.blogspot.com/ (restoration)
          http://bmw325e30turbo.blogspot.com (Twincharge M20)
          http://bmw325e30m62b44.blogspot.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
            Looking good!! man
            Thanks.

Put the last coat of paint on the mounts. Started chopping up the manifolds. the exhaust work is not going to be fun.

Mounted the akg shifter. Once the engine mounts are on I will finish modifying the linkage and measure for the driveshaft.

Comment

cool man, probably see you at bimmer/douche fest then

Comment

bump nice progress :D

Comment

Originally posted by LoneWolf View Post
                  Thanks.

Put the last coat of paint on the mounts. Started chopping up the manifolds. the exhaust work is not going to be fun.

Mounted the akg shifter. Once the engine mounts are on I will finish modifying the linkage and measure for the driveshaft.
                  PM me if you need a place to do your driveshaft, me and JGood had ours done at a shop in Lorton VA. VERY reasonable prices and will also deal with shipping.

Comment

cool man, probably see you at bimmer/douche fest then
                    Yeah I am hoping to be there this year.

Originally posted by euro2fast4u View Post
                    bump nice progress :D
                    Thanks, haven't been at it as much as I want to be with the holidays.

Originally posted by dirty30 View Post
                    PM me if you need a place to do your driveshaft, me and JGood had ours done at a shop in Lorton VA. VERY reasonable prices and will also deal with shipping.
                    Cool thanks! I think I have a local place that can handle it, might run there tomorrow if they are open.

So like I said, not much has gotten done since I last posted. Today I finished getting rid of the abs wiring. Engine is setting in place on the mounts. Going to take some measurmrnts for driveshaft and hydroboost lines tomorrow. Going to also weld up my shifter linkage.

Here is a quick pic

Comment

looks like things are coming along nicely. i get the whole "little progress" though, i haven't done SHIT outside since mid december-ish. too goddamn cold

Comment

looks like things are coming along nicely. i get the whole "little progress" though, i haven't done SHIT outside since mid december-ish. too goddamn cold
                        Oh yeah. That kills motivation for me too.

Comment

Oh, anyone have a part number for the wiring harness ties? They are kind of like zip ties but without the zip? They were very brittle and I would like to buy more.

Comment

which one.

I think you mean 22 which is 12321276231

Comment

Originally posted by euro2fast4u View Post

which one.

I think you mean 22 which is 12321276231
                              You da man! Yep that's the one I was after.

Ended up ordering some techflex split loom and some tree clips with a loop on the top to put a cable tie through. Should make getting back I to or pull the harness much easier next time.

Comment

So much to do.

Tonight a started to mock the front clip back together. No good. Seems my motor could really stand to move back about half and inch. The mishimoto radiator does not look like it is going to fit without doing this.... contemplating modifying the core support to remedy this. What's a little more fab work. But if I go back half an inch I will be right against the hydroboost cam set up at the firewall.

This also brought up something I haven't put much thought into yet, oil housing. Where is is in its stock location is not going to cut it. With the hydroboost/mastercylinder tightly to the right, it will be pretty tough to work a radiator hose around it. It is also impossible to modify the radiator in the way I was initially thinking too, might have another idea for that though. Making it remote on the passenger side where the a/c dryer used to be might be an option, I seem to recall people having bad experiences with aftermarket oil cooler and filter set ups.....

Also started eyeing up where I would like to put my power steering reservoir. Trying to get it mounted so I can measure for lines. I am thinking I can get away with mounting it to the forward part of the drivers side wheel well, under the hood of course, not near the tire.

Lots to think about, going to look through some swap threads for ideas.

Comment

Working...
                                X