Seeking a little harness info Q & A?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeking a little harness info Q & A?

Ok so I have a few question and cause there doesn't seem to be a thread that involves the ins and outs of the v8 harness swaps.
    Yes if you look enough and search all the e30 sites you can find a lot
    So until we can buy pnp purpose built harness tailored for out specific year and pin set for the what ever we have going on with our e30..
    I would like for everyone involved in one of these swaps to add a little about what they have learned for the next guy to use.

My Questions
    1: Is it imposable to use a Harness off of a 95 or 96 that dose not have a x20 plug? If so is there any info on doing this

2: How many different pin out possibility do we have with the e30?
    I was told there is 4 different. Early models had square plug, the e,es, the i, is, and the 91 318 i, is...

3: Is there a need for a fuel pump upgrade when swapping for any of the e30's to an M6X/ s6x?

please feel free to add any question you would like answered, and please feel free to answer any of the questions asked...

thanks
    https://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar...re-irs.356333/

This Forum is built on love, and powered by Sexual Tension!

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

e34/e32 m60 cars have x20 connectors that are pinned/colored exactly the same as e34/e36 m50 cars. There is literally a thousand threads on the subject in the 24v subforum. I have a sticky in there about how to read the schematics, get your pinouts, and match everything up.

Or, you can pay someone to build you an adapter. Lots of people do them for 24v e30 swaps, and it's the same thing.

Garey also started a thread that's a sticky in this v8 subforum, discussing wiring issues with m60's.
    85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
    e30 restoration and V8 swap
    24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Any further info on this? This is the first post I've come across mentioning a m62 harness w/o an x20 plug. I have a harness from a 96 740il auto. The engine is w/o vanos so I can't help but feel like using this harness is still possible.. maybe I need to take extra steps to custom integrate an x20 plug into my harness? or just make it a priority to find an early model that already has it and take the route of m60 electrics w a tune. I'd prefer to use everything from my donor and not re-purchase parts I already have if I can help it. Any advice is much appreciated. MonkeyMadness you seem to have the most knowledge on wiring from what I've seen & I've pretty much read through every thread on this forum concerning m6x swaps.

Comment

You might find the Macaluso swap guide for M62/S62 engines helpful. He goes over mating the harness to the chassis.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
        Transaction feedback
        - jpod999

Comment

Working...
        X