enlighten me: Forced induction m60b40?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

enlighten me: Forced induction m60b40?

Thoughts? whos tried it? supercharge or turbo?

Im doing a lot to my car... and i have always wanted FI on a e30. But i bought a v8, and was thinking of combining the two?
    I have looked around for a while, i saw some turbo kits.. but thats for the e34, and they were single turbo.
    I want to know your thoughts, and if any of you considered trying or actually did it?
    sigpic

1989 BMW 325is (SOLD)
    1990 BMW 325i Brilliantrot (SOLD)
    1992 BMW 325IC (SOLD)
    1991 BMW 318IS (STOLEN!)

2017 BMW M2 (WEEKEND WARRIOR)
    (GRIGIO TELESTO RESPRAY, FULL BOLT ONS, TUNE-HPFP AND TURBO UPGRADE COMING AFTER WARRANTY IS DONE)
    1989 BMW 325IC (PROJECT(
    2002 FORD ESCAPE (DAILY)
    2001 BMW 330CI (FOR SALE SOON)

"R3v, being a bunch of cheap bastards that would try to negotiate a discount on a free engine,"

Reverse flow heads, two small turbos right on top. There's barely room for the exhaust piping the way it sits, you're not fitting twin turbos down there.

Comment

A few people have done turbo m60 e30's. Crossover pipe in front of the subframe to either a bottom or top mount on the passenger side. I've never seen a rear mount but there's plenty of room for that.

There's a few supercharged m60 e30's as well. The normal e34 kits do not fit, you'll need to do your own bracket.
      85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
      e30 restoration and V8 swap
      24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

With the single turbo I'm worried that it has to be big... To run both banks. And I still don't know how a single turbo v8 is. As far as when. Boost hits, how long it stays, and the main thing is not having the turbo cut out.
        I noticed a eaton m112 supercharger kit from a jag.. Online. And supposedly it's a bolt on, since it sits in the intake manifold. Any reports on that?
        sigpic

1989 BMW 325is (SOLD)
        1990 BMW 325i Brilliantrot (SOLD)
        1992 BMW 325IC (SOLD)
        1991 BMW 318IS (STOLEN!)

2017 BMW M2 (WEEKEND WARRIOR)
        (GRIGIO TELESTO RESPRAY, FULL BOLT ONS, TUNE-HPFP AND TURBO UPGRADE COMING AFTER WARRANTY IS DONE)
        1989 BMW 325IC (PROJECT(
        2002 FORD ESCAPE (DAILY)
        2001 BMW 330CI (FOR SALE SOON)

"R3v, being a bunch of cheap bastards that would try to negotiate a discount on a free engine,"

Comment

Play on this site to figure out your sizing
          At ARJ Landscape, we specialize in making ordinary backyards extraordinary. Are you dreaming of a new paver patio, outdoor kitchen, outdoor fireplace or fire pit? We are the best landscaping & landscape design company in Columbus, Sunbury, Worthington, Westerville and Powell, OH.

I've been looking into it too. Seems like a Borg Warner s372 or s472 could be a good fit depending on power levels.

Just want to get my m60 swap up and running before I throw FI into the mix.

Comment

Originally posted by MT325is View Post
            I noticed a eaton m112 supercharger kit from a jag.. Online. And supposedly it's a bolt on, since it sits in the intake manifold. Any reports on that?
            Not quite a bolt on.....DAMHIK

Also the one on ebay is a hack job. There's a writeup on BFC I think about how terrible it is.
            1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Originally posted by Liquidity View Post
              Reverse flow heads, two small turbos right on top. There's barely room for the exhaust piping the way it sits, you're not fitting twin turbos down there.
              Where do you think the exhaust goes for turbos in the V? Straight out the hood?

Comment

I would probably just get one of these and call it a day
                sigpic

86 E(In the car is in a million pieces stage of making it into a bar'd 340E)
                89 I(bar'd swapped)

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
                  Where do you think the exhaust goes for turbos in the V? Straight out the hood?
                  Putting the turbos in the V is not something new. You route the exhaust the same way the intake used to go, but then wrap it underneath the car and wherever you wish. But I was suggesting it sarcastically anyways.

Comment

Putting the turbos in the V is not something new. You route the exhaust the same way the intake used to go, but then wrap it underneath the car and wherever you wish. But I was suggesting it sarcastically anyways.

I think his point was that there is far less room for that setup, then there is for a traditional setup.

Comment

Plenty of room:

Comment

Originally posted by MT325is View Post
                        I have looked around for a while, i saw some turbo kits.. but they were single turbo.
                        This means he doesn't want a single turbo.

Comment

But I was suggesting it sarcastically anyways.
                          Seems to be common in most of your posts. Stop being a smartass.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
                          sigpic
                          Rebuilding since 07/06/2016

Poorboyz Parts For Sale - Updated 01/20/17 - Will be updated soon - Have many parts to post

Poorboyz Feedback Thread

Comment

If he still hasn't found out yet that there's barely enough room for the exhaust let alone twin turbos, smart ass replies are due.

Comment

Cyber bully!
                              Originally posted by Andy.B
                              Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
                              1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
                              ~~~~~~~~~~
                              I was born on 3/25…
                              ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                              X