regular old m60 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thank god you took out that ASC...

BTW that 318ti will work with the Z3 short shifter as well.. thats the shift rod i used with my 6 speed trans and z3 short shifter.
    sigpic
    The "Because Race Car" M60 V8 Build Thread
    On Instagram Straight Flexin' #BecauseRaceCar

Comment

Coming up empty looking for these starter wires. Haven't looked for the black/green wire but as far as the black/yellow I have one coming from the x20 one going to the driver side bank and one wire going to the diagnostic port.

I have no wires going down to the starter. Would tapping into one of those wires be a bad idea?

Comment

The one going into the drivers side bank doesn't go down to the starter?

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
        Transaction feedback
        - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
          The one going into the drivers side bank doesn't go down to the starter?
          Nope not from what I found. There's a wire for the alt and oil filter. Maybe it got snipped. I'll sniff around some more tomorrow.

Comment

Suhhweeeet. Found both wires. They go to this strange connector and they both looked like plain black wires from all they crud that was caked on.

Gonna cut the connector and fish these back over to the passenger side.

Comment

The starter motor has its own loom that plug into that plug so shouldn't need to cut wires as those wires should run through both looms

Comment

Originally posted by WYZEUP View Post
                The starter motor has its own loom that plug into that plug so shouldn't need to cut wires as those wires should run through both looms
                Meh, I just chopped it off and crimped on some ring terminals. If I come across it in the future I might fix it. Thannks for the info though.

Comment

Few pictures of my friends e36. He partially made this build possible.

Last edited by dothadance; 04-09-2016, 06:53 AM.

Comment

Also, I felt a little saucy before work so this happened.

Sorry, we couldn’t find that page

NOTHING CAUGHT FIRE! Lmao

i was determined to try and fire it up before I had to leave for work and by the time I finished up I only had 5 minutes left to connect my battery and try it. Plugged the positive on fine, but as soon as I grabbed the negative I started shaking... I'm confident in my abilities and the work I've done, but I'm not sure if I have reason to be. So all I could think about was melting my harness, or something catching on fire, or to have absolutely nothing happen when I turn the key. Finally slapped it down and my trunk lights came on. So far so good. Walked to the drivers side and sat down, stabbed the key in the ignition and held on for dear life. Sure enough noises were made! But she wouldn't fire... What did I do wrong? Time for work.

All day at work all I could do was wonder, "what happened?" I mean, I'm stoked I got that much, but goddamnit I wanted her to run. Couldn't think of anything all day. I was going to check for everything in the morning, but as soon as I lay down to sleep I realize I was in such a rush to finish today that I swapped the fuel hoses around! She's not getting any gas!!! Hopefully tomorrow's the big day.

Comment

I hope you're able to get it to fire tomorrow man. I'm getting closer every day myself....
                      Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Figured out I'm not getting any fuel whatsoever.
                        Now we get to play the game of finding out if its my pump or my wiring.
                        Last edited by dothadance; 04-09-2016, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Also, if someone could help me figure out what this little terminal is that would be killer.
                          Ground? 12v? It exits at the passenger rear of the motor.

Comment

Originally posted by dothadance View Post
                            Also, if someone could help me figure out what this little terminal is that would be killer.
                            Ground? 12v? It exits at the passenger rear of the motor.
                            I can tell you that it is wrapped up on all m60 e34 cars and unused. I don't know what it is for, but from the factory it is just sitting there on the frame rail doing nothing.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk
                            Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
                            Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
                            Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
                              I can tell you that it is wrapped up on all m60 e34 cars and unused. I don't know what it is for, but from the factory it is just sitting there on the frame rail doing nothing.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk
                              Sweet. Couldn't find anything on it so I figured it was just another unused connector. Thanks.

Comment

Good news is my pump is good so I don't have to buy another one. Bad news is its not getting 12v. Bleh.

Comment

Working...
                                X