No announcement yet.

regular old m60 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That connector definitely looks like the ground that's in that area of the harness. On mine, it connects to the coolant manifold, a few sensors use it as ground. You can even tell that it's previously been attached by the marks on it.
    85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
    e30 restoration and V8 swap
    24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

How about this one? Its getting 12v. Could this be why I'm not getting fuel?

Comment

and I'm getting power to all of the wires coming out of the relays except for the wires for the pump. Bad relays?

Comment

That's another ground. I attached mine to my firewall, just drilled a hole and bolted it on.

Do you have the DME power wire hooked up? It's a red wire with the same type of round lug connector at the end. That goes to your small fused battery cable, which runs parallel to your main big battery cable.

Comment

im going to check that in just a second. im just super confused right now, because i was getting like 10.3V on all of the wires on the relays, and then when i grounded that smaller lug it made the power at the relays drop to 4V. and like i was saying, that second wire i just posted is also reading positive power. the same as whats at the relays. i guess i have a short somewhere

Comment

I've officially grounded both ends, and there is even less power coming out of the relays. . I also cannot seem to find the dme power wire.

Comment

My CEL doesn't come on on my cluster as well.
                Last edited by dothadance; 04-11-2016, 04:40 PM.

Comment

There's some backwards ass shit going on.

Comment

You need to hook up the power wire, that's how the DME gets power. Nothing will work correctly without it. You probably shouldn't be trying to fire it up without everything connected the way it should be, that's how things get fried.

In this picture, it's the ring terminal laying on top of the white relay:

Comment

Think I just found my wire :|

Pleeeaaase god tell me this is where the dme power wire originates.
                      Last edited by dothadance; 04-12-2016, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Pull up the ETM and trace it out. It takes a little while to figure out what everything you are looking at in the ETM means but once you do it should make figuring this out easier. That white cap you are holding in the above picture I think is shown as a black dot in the ETM.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                        Transaction feedback
                        - jpod999

Comment

ugh i hate the etm. ill give it a whirl

Comment

alright think i got this under control.
                            the white cap does in fact seem to be pictured as the black dot. so that would mean the part i'm missing is the red wire i have highlighted in the orange box (the wire that was snipped from my cap), that was originally connected to the x6400 B+ junction, which i will now attach to the junction block on the firewall. bleh, i need to buy more wire.

Comment

Nice! Glad you got this figured out, now get it fired up!

The ETM should make it easier to figure out what the other ring connectors go to as well if you haven't figured them out yet.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                              Transaction feedback
                              - jpod999

Comment

She's so close. https://vimeo.com/162727373

Comment

Working...
                                X