Project Overly Ambitious

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by diegom6 View Post
    Looking to see updates in this build. Torque from a V8 it's pure pleasure!!
    After a week of vacationing in Peru I'm ready to get back to work. It was nice to meet you Diego!

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
    Transaction feedback
    - jpod999

Comment

sub'ed
      Originally posted by Matt-B
      hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
        After a week of vacationing in Peru I'm ready to get back to work. It was nice to meet you Diego!

Same here JP! Glad you made safe back to home ;)
        Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

This weekend I got started on the suspension rebuild. Saturday I pulled the struts and control arms, this job took me much longer than expected. When I was in high school I used to be able to go from car on the ground to both struts off in 30 minutes, it took me about an hour and a half to get everything off this time!

Sunday I dropped the whole rear subframe, this took me about two and a half hours. Throughout this week I am going to disassemble the rear subframe. I am going to take the trailing arms and the front struts to a shop owned by some longtime family friends, they are going to replace all four wheel bearings for me. My small case S4.10 will be sold and a resealed S2.93 will go back in its place. Also for the rear subframe I have Garagistic strengthening plates as well as all new bushings from them.

Here are some pics to keep things interesting:

Last edited by jpod999; 10-11-2016, 11:41 AM.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
          Transaction feedback
          - jpod999

Comment

This is awesome. Definitely subscribing. V8 swap is the best swap.
            Founder
            TheDirtyThirty
            instagram.com/thedirtythirty

Comment

Originally posted by theTBLACK View Post
              This is awesome. Definitely subscribing. V8 swap is the best swap.
              Thanks! It's been fun so far but I'm starting to get overwhelmed with how much left there is still to do. The worst part is that I keep thinking of things I can do

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
              Transaction feedback
              - jpod999

Comment

I've been spending my lunch breaks breaking apart the rear end. I had a terrible time getting one of my half-shafts out of the hub! In the end it took a shit load of PB Blaster/Liquid Wrench, heat, and lots of hammering but it came out. I had to hammer it so much that the end with the threads is totally mushroomed now, it's a good thing I was already planning on replacing them! One has both boots torn and the other is starting to crack.

I ordered new wheel rear bearings from Blunt that are supposed to come in today. I will bring them with me to work tomorrow and will drop them off with the trailing arms at the shop of a longtime family friend. I don't want to deal with changing the bearings so I'm just going to have them do it.

This weekend I am hoping to have the time to burn out the subframe bushings so that I can thoroughly clean it and then weld in the Garagistic reinforcement plates.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                Transaction feedback
                - jpod999

Comment

Thats mad work man keep at it looking for that final project!

Comment

Got the subframe bushings out of the subframe with the help of my dad while my wife cleaned the shit out of my old diff this weekend. It took a lot longer than I thought it was going to. We ended up using a drill to remove as much of the rubber as I could, then hammered out the center sleeve. Then we used a hacksaw to cut a slit in the outer sleeve which then made it easy to hammer out of the subframe. Not that exciting of a picture, but text only updates are boring!

This week I'll be doing the rear wheel bearings with the help of our shop owning family friends. I also ordered new rotors for all four corners, now I have to figure out how to rebuild the calipers.
                    Last edited by jpod999; 05-19-2016, 09:49 AM.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                    Transaction feedback
                    - jpod999

Comment

Rear wheel bearing replacement done!

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                      Transaction feedback
                      - jpod999

Comment

Got the subframe bushings out of the subframe with the help of my dad this weekend. It took a lot longer than I thought it was going to. We ended up using a drill to remove as much of the rubber as I could, then hammered out the center sleeve. Then we used a hacksaw to cut a slit in the outer sleeve which then made it easy to hammer out of the subframe. Not that exciting of a picture, but text only updates are boring!

This week I'll be doing the rear wheel bearings with the help of our shop owning family friends. I also ordered new rotors for all four corners, now I have to figure out how to rebuild the calipers.
                        How long did it take you to do this?

Comment

To get both subframe bushings out manually it took probably 1.5 hours. I started to burn them out but my dad got nervous that the cops would come and give us a pollution ticket.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                          Transaction feedback
                          - jpod999

Comment

This is Haye’s second fight of his Haye vs Gjergjaj Live fight comeback in his Haye vs Gjergjaj live battle against the 31-year-old Gjergjaj. Earlier this year, Haye steamrolled over fringe contender Mark de Mori in stopping him in the first Haye vs Gjergjaj Live Streaming spherical last January. It wasn’t a fight at all because de Mori gave the look of somebody who had no suggest the way to fight. It was all Haye in getting a Haye vs Gjergjaj fight Live fast stoppage win. That fight was an embarrassment to observe as a result of it absolutely was such a terrible Haye vs Gjergjaj Live Stream mate. It wasn’t that Haye looked great. It was more of a case of de Mori merely being terribly, very unhealthy that created Haye look thus smart in comparison.

Comment

To get both subframe bushings out manually it took probably 1.5 hours. I started to burn them out but my dad got nervous that the cops would come and give us a pollution ticket.
                              well, you do live in cali.
                              sigpic
                              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                              92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                              88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                              88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                              87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                              12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                                well, you do live in cali.
                                Yeah I wasn't kidding about getting the ticket. That's why I put the fire out and grabbed my drill. The Bay Area is a strange place!

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                                Transaction feedback
                                - jpod999

Comment

Working...
                                X