Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From Dad's DD to my new toy... M62B44 swap time!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wspellmann
    replied
    Originally posted by Zacm829 View Post
    Any luck on selling those wheels? I'm picking up an almost identical e39 this week.
    No luck so far.

Sent from the depths of hell with my Nexus 6p.

Leave a comment:

• Zacm829
    replied
    Any luck on selling those wheels? I'm picking up an almost identical e39 this week.

Leave a comment:

• wspellmann
    replied
    Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
    dothedance's thread has some info: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=355645

as does delamaize: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...=348287&page=5

As well as Jack's: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...=308273&page=7

If you look through other old threads you should be able to do a ton of reading on the subject.
    Thank you kind sir.

Leave a comment:

• jpod999
    replied
    dothedance's thread has some info: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=355645

as does delamaize: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...=348287&page=5

As well as Jack's: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...=308273&page=7

If you look through other old threads you should be able to do a ton of reading on the subject.

Leave a comment:

• wspellmann
    replied
    Parts are finally starting to materialize. Have my Wilwood pedals and master cylinders, 3-core radiator, garagistic engine mounts, transmission bracket, subframe reinforcement and boosterless pedal bracket.

Can anyone that has done this setup before direct me to their build threads to give me an idea of what I need to be doing on the brakes? I need to know what tubing, hardware, etc. I might still need to get before I get cracking.

Also... those 19"s off the 540 are proving to be much more difficult to sell than I thought it would be.

Leave a comment:

• wspellmann
    replied
    Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
    changing the starter on an e30 does suck but if you really want a challenge, change one on an e36. that REALLY sucks dirty horse cock!

craigslist dingleberries suck but your best hope is to sell that engine and trans on craigslist too. assuming it runs well, you should be able to get about 500+ for the engine and 350 for the trans.
    They were in good condition, but I would rather just get rid of them both in trade. I don't want them sitting around for a year.

Leave a comment:

• flyboyx
    replied
    changing the starter on an e30 does suck but if you really want a challenge, change one on an e36. that REALLY sucks dirty horse cock!

craigslist dingleberries suck but your best hope is to sell that engine and trans on craigslist too. assuming it runs well, you should be able to get about 500+ for the engine and 350 for the trans.

Leave a comment:

• wspellmann
    replied
    I'm hoping that A&J Salvage will take that M20 and trans in trade for a set of shitty wheels/tires to put on the E39, an E34 brake booster and DME.

God damn, craigslist is a pain...

them: What's your lowest price?
    me: what I have it listed for
    them: would you take a pair of 335i turbos in trade?

them: will they fit a 6 series
    me: yes
    them: ........................

them: they're 19" right?
    me: did the ad say otherwise?

Ugh... at least I don't need to sell them right away
    Last edited by wspellmann; 10-16-2016, 02:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• wspellmann
    replied
    I spent a few days lazily disconnecting everything in preparation to remove the M20 and trans. Bently manual had removing the starter as a step for removing the motor and I tried and tried for hours to get the damn thing off before I realized that I didn't need to do that since I was pulling motor and trans together. I also found out that changing a starter on E30 6 cylinder cars is one of the hardest/most hated jobs you can do on these things. Lesson learned.

Friday I got the balls to remove the motor and trans. This went much more easily than I anticipated short of a pretty nasty failure of the front lifting bracket. Well, the bracket didn't fail, the bolts the held it to the head did. I figure they weren't torqued properly because they didn't break, nor did they strip out of the head.

Thankfully I didn't listen to Bentley on removing the A/C compressor, because looping a chain around it allowed me to finish the job!

Leave a comment:

• flyboyx
    replied
    they look fantastic. glws.

Leave a comment:

• wspellmann
    replied
    Wheels are back from being refinished. Cost was $500 flat. I assumed tax, so that's about $45 less than expected.

I have them posted for $1200 on multiple BMW forums and Craigslist in 6 cities that I'd deliver them to for gas money.

I would like to sell them for more, but I'd like to see them gone sooner rather than later.

Now to find a cheap set of wheels/tires to put on the E39 so I can move it when the time comes.

Leave a comment:

• iXguido
    replied
    I think most you'll see for those wheels and tires is ~$800. But you won't have a problem getting your money back and then some from selling what you don't use.

Leave a comment:

• flyboyx
    replied
    no, i think 1600 for those wheels would be a stretch. it is possible though. i think 1100 tops or maybe 1200 if you find the right guy. people are always going to want to negotiate the price down.

i think you are better off trying to sell them for about 800 or 900 the way they are.

Leave a comment:

• wspellmann
    replied
    Wheels were dropped off Friday morning at Alloy Wheel Repair in San Antonio. Tom told me they'll be sent to Dallas at a cost of $125/wheel which brings the total to ~$550 to repair them. That makes $1650 I've spent so far (car and towing). Do you guys think they can fetch that much if they come out well? The front tires were less than 6 months old and the rears were less than 2 months old. Driver side rear has zero miles on it since that was where the blowout happened. Shoot, I paid $25 to replace it with the discount tire certificate. That makes $1675.

Leave a comment:

• Zacm829
    replied
    Off to a great start! You will easily get you money back out of that car.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X